All reviewsfire pitlarge shopping centerfull kitchenwaffle machinemarriott propertiesreagan librarythousand oaksthe breakfast arealiving areafront desk staffmorning breakfastshopping and restaurantswould definitely stay here againconvenient locationtop floorvery nice hotelcomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed 19 June 2018

For a quick trip to the Westlake Village area, a Residence Inn seemed like a safe bet. I've stayed in several RI's over the years and had mostly positive experiences.

It's certainly larger than most Residence Inns. But it was also more of a standard hotel/motel layout than the usual, sprawling townhouse-style I've previously seen for the chain. In other words: more compact and less "residency"

The location was good; just off 101 and therefore easy access to nearby Thousand Oaks and the western San Fernando Valley. Several restaurants were within walking distance and a large shopping center (with a Target) was a 3 minute drive away (or a 20 min walk).

As for the hotel itself, the property looked well-used and a little run down, so I'm guessing it's been there a while. The room appeared to have this same level of wear and was medium-sized; very average amenities inside. Like all Residence Inns, the room had a kitchen; but this was smaller than in most RI's and the older refrigerator buzzed loudly - I was very glad the bedroom had a door. I was also annoyed that there was no way to create low-light at night; there were no night lights or dim-able lamps of any kind. So to see at night, I had to turn on the bright bathroom lights and crack open the door. (which was still too bright).

Breakfast was the best aspect of this hotel. There were a broad variety of foods offered, including: cereals, fruits, pastries, toast, bagels, coffee, multiple juices, eggs (powdered/scrambled and hard boiled), morning potatoes, and at least one meat item (sausage or bacon). They even had a make-your-own-waffle machine with adjacent bowls of waffle toppings. Consequently the small breakfast room was packed in the mornings. Unfortunately the staff had decided that putting the local news on the TV at HIGH volume was a good idea; so it was not exactly the quiet, low-stim environment I typically seek in the morning. At least the coffee was decent.

In short: A very average hotel stay with both pluses and minuses. I would check other possibilities before staying here again; and only if the price made it worth the while. I've stayed at better for less $.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Breakfast was bland, same things as any continental breakfast, also asked housekeeper in front of me to do my room, they did not do it afterwards, went up to front desk, front desk notified housekeeping, still not done until the next day, ridiculous!!!! Asked to speak to management in the evening, but no managers on duty, don't understand what kind of property this is!!! Not living up to the residence Inn standards!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jekyllyhyde
Reviewed 28 May 2018

the family had a wedding we needed a full kitchen and this was out spot the morning of we were working on the wedding cake so i was sent to get breakfast for our working family the choice, freshness, and quality was great i brought a great spread that had something for everyone the hotel staff was great at checkin and help keep the stress of a wedding to a low level

Room Tip: with pet ask for a street view less traffic for the pet to hear
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I was staying at the Residence Inn for 11 nights while I was in town for work. As an international traveller I was looking for somewhere close to the office that was clean and had a kitchen so I didnt have to eat out every night. The 1 bedroom apartment was great! Very clean and had everything I needed. When I did want to eat out restaurants were within walking distance as well as Target for groceries. The staff on the front desk were always friendly and ready to help. The cleaning staff were excellent and had very high standards, keeping my room exceptionally clean. The gym was sufficient for a quick aerobic workout but only had some free weights. Too cold to use the pool but the outside area was gorgeous and I wish it had been warm because I would have been in there every day! The guest laundry was sufficient and clean. The only thing I didnt really enjoy was the breakfast. Not much selection really. The main thing I wanted ie bacon, they never served it while I was there :( Otherwise no complaints from me - it was a great place for a longer term stay in the Westlake area.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank hannah_noni
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I stayed in this hotel 8nights, generally speaking, it is good choice for me. the hotel located very close to highway, the room was big, and easy to park car. The only thing i don't like is the housekeeping was not every day, about 3days we did not deserve it...

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank wil331
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hello wil331,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village with us.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience.

The hotel team is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations of our guests.

We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling to the area.