“Lunch”
Review of Hunan Restaurant

Hunan Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 153 Restaurants in Westlake Village
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was empty, which made it great for us; usually it's packed. Not one thing they serve there is more outstanding then the other. Everything is outstanding.
Fresh, delicious and perfectly prepared. I can't say much more than that. They just started selling dim sum and we enjoyed a few dishes.
The service is good and they serve quickly.
A very good, moderately price establishment.
We keep going back there, you should give it a try I'm sure you'll make it a favorite, too.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

Since my favorite Chinese restaurant closed I've been going to Hunan. The food is good and the service is friendly.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Had hot/sour soup, spicy eggplant, chow full, dim sum appetizers. Overall, tasted too salty and not very flavorful. Good size portions, though.

Reviewed 20 June 2015

Food was gross,parts of food in the pepper steak looked like chicken parts not for eating. Asked waitress what it was,she said it was egg. I doult it.

Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

I have been coming here once or twice a week for years. Other than when I travel. It is really a four star restaurant. For me it is five star. I always order one of any of three things. They probably have 100 different options. I order one option that is on their menu. The other two things I order they make special for me.
The dish that I order right off the menu is the Salt and Pepper shrimp. The shrimp are large enough. They have spicy salt and pepper light batter. It is finger licking good! The shrimp are moist. I eat all of it except the hard outer shell. I do eat the legs as they are crispy.
The other two dishes that I order are the same except that one has a brown spicy hunan sauce and the other a white sauce.
When I walk in they say hello Georgie, white or brown?
They have the following ingredients:
Sliced beef which is always tender fresh and delicious.
Chinese broccoli, not the American broccoli.
Chinese snap peas.
Yellow or white onions. No green onions.
Chinese fungus, black.
You must ask for FRESH garlic slices.
No garlic salt or Garlic powder.
NO water chestnuts.
NO carrots.
Nothing other than mentioned above.
I have it with steamed rice.
A five star dish, in a four star restaurant.
They probably have lots of other dishes that they do well. These are the ones that really enjoy.