1,182 results
All reviews tower bar tim cunningham terrace restaurant hotel ambassador art deco los angeles hollywood charm old school hollywood hotel junior suite special thanks floor to ceiling windows front desk staff the entire staff my home away from home turn down service low key
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I love this place always get the best service. they make me feel like I'm a V.I.P guest every time. Angel is my favorite server always gives me the best recommendations. Loved the lobster tacos by the way give my thanks to the chef. Special thanks to Barbara who always takes time to say hello and check how everything is going. It's prefect for business lunches thank you guys again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
TimSales, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hello Allen,
Thank you for your feedback, others like a heads up on a great menu item. They are mine too.
We hope to see you back soon.
Tim Cunningham
Director of Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We rented two rooms at the Sunset Tower and it was a great location but one of the rooms was very warm. We called 4 times to have it checked and only once did someone come to see about it. They never did get it working well and LA was having an "extreme heat precaution" during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry for the heat and the lack of cool air. I have insured our team is looking into all issues pertaining to our cooling system. We do hope to see you in the near future.
Tim Cunningham
Director of Guest Relations

Reviewed 8 September 2017

As with my first review, I find myself stumped as to what exactly how to adequately express my love for this place. I've been staying here for 10 years - i began coming out for business (for extended periods of time) and to this day, i simply come out for personal respites from NYC to a place i find to be my sanctuary and true home away from home. From the atmosphere, scents, open air layout of the entire first floor/lobby/entrance, the food, the "old hollywood" feel and decor that they have very deliberately kept in place, the FOOD, the exquisite tower bar (that is a true hollywood [both "old" and "very new"] experience - that the most elite and who's who of hollywood frequent, the beautiful and peaceful terrace and pool area where i have all lunches and breakfasts - playing 40's music all day, the stunning flowers and landscaping - but MOST OF ABSOLUTE ALL - the people. These people have become so much more to me than employees of a hotel. It starts with Jeff Klein the owner - who has clearly set the tone which trickles down from the top - for the rest of his staff to treat people with ABSOLUTE personal touches everywhere they turn. From the minute i walk back in, to the minute i leave, i am made to feel so very welcome and special. Next is the most amazing, sweet, kind and generous Hotel Ambassador - Tim Cunningham. I can't possibly say enough about this man. He has ensured for 10 years that my every whim is seen to, catered to, taken care of. Whether it's a firmer pillow or a restaurant reservation, or simply a HUGE SMILE and and chat about last night's doings at the Tower Bar, my visit just wouldn't be the same without him. I appreciate him more than i can say. Lastly, to ALL of the wonderful staff at the Sunset Tower - from the waiters at Tower, to the housekeepers, to the front desk, to the amazingly helpful valet and bellmen, and last but not least, to my wonderful wonderful wait staff out on the Terrace and pool who do such an OVER THE TOP IMPECCABLE job each and every day of my stay - including wearing hats that are not even theirs to ensure they help me to get what i need - i just could never thank them enough. And of all of these amazing folks, i MUST point out specifically - Angel. My angel. Angel Juarez has been at Sunset since my very first visit in 2007 and i must say it feels fitting to end my review talking about him. Words cannot possibly describe how i adore him. He is 5 steps ahead of me every day - knowing my preferences, my needs, my schedule, and working so hard - quietly and behind the scenes to ensure i am 100% comfortable and everything runs smoothly. You can't possibly put a price on that. He is one of the kindest, most genuine souls I've ever met and i'm always sad to say good bye!

I hope this review helps you to make one of the best decisions you can regarding a trip to LA - which is staying at the amazing - so very special - gem of home called - The Sunset Tower Hotel.

Room Tip: Views vary depending on direction - either Sunset Blvd or toward the pool/west. Both are gorgeous....it's a matter of preference.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer H

What can I say, thank you to one of our biggest fans. Jennifer, you are STH family and cannot wait to welcome you home personally.
Dearest regards,
Tim

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Sunset tower hotel is a hidden gem. Service was outstanding from valet and front desk. Mike at the desk gave great dinner suggestions. Rooms were nice but small with great linens. Restaurant service is also very good during the day, however I did not get to dine in Tower bar. Overall a great stay and will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Hello and thank you for the kind words, we too look forward to welcoming you back.
Until then...
Tim

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I can't say enough about the SUNSET TOWER hotel. This is truly a Royal Hollywood experience. The staff and care to me and my family is like no other in Los Angeles or Beverly HIlls. I live here in LA so I know what is the finest. Thank you for the wonderful bedside manner. Love everything about this Hotel and the impeccable service. I will return gladly and continue to have lovely dinners at your Tower Bar. Chad is a great representation of excellence. Love C Fulton

Room Tip: It is worth every penny
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family