1,176 results
All reviews tower bar tim cunningham terrace restaurant hotel ambassador art deco los angeles hollywood charm old school hollywood hotel junior suite floor to ceiling windows special thanks the entire staff front desk staff home away from home low key continental breakfast
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Sunset tower hotel is a hidden gem. Service was outstanding from valet and front desk. Mike at the desk gave great dinner suggestions. Rooms were nice but small with great linens. Restaurant service is also very good during the day, however I did not get to dine in Tower bar. Overall a great stay and will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
TimSales, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hello and thank you for the kind words, we too look forward to welcoming you back.
Until then...
Tim

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I can't say enough about the SUNSET TOWER hotel. This is truly a Royal Hollywood experience. The staff and care to me and my family is like no other in Los Angeles or Beverly HIlls. I live here in LA so I know what is the finest. Thank you for the wonderful bedside manner. Love everything about this Hotel and the impeccable service. I will return gladly and continue to have lovely dinners at your Tower Bar. Chad is a great representation of excellence. Love C Fulton

Room Tip: It is worth every penny
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I like this hotel if you can get a room for under $350. The restaurant this the best breakfast. Try the avocado toast! Our adorable outdoor breakfast waiter was The BEST - wish I knew his name- African American with slight build. Pool is small but totally cool and pleasant. Rooms are small and dated but the bathrooms are really nice. Our Amex upgrade was not ready and we had a two hour wait even after arriving at 2 pm. I got some lip from David about how I'm not the only person checking in. Gee thanks. An apology and free drink might be a better choice next time. He was nice the next day. Beds were a tiny bit soft for me. Bathrooms rock. I'd stay here again for the right price.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelette4666

Hello Travelette,
Thank you for this feedback. It will be shared with our staff for better training. I do hope you reach out to me personally for your next stay. I will make sure it will be perfect.
Tim
Director of Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Pros:
1. Excellent service! Everyone from the bell hop, front desk to room service was amazingly helpful.
2. The room service food was also pretty good! I enjoyed the Cobb salad and grilled cheese with soup.
3. Their restaurant breakfast food options are good. The food was a 7/10 in the restaurant for breakfast ... but again the service was top notch.
4. The spa was nice. It was typical of any nice hotel. Nothing over the top amazing.
5. Their bathroom products are all Kiehls which I liked a lot.
6. Location is excellent and very centralized.

Cons:
1. The hotel is dated. The hallways and rooms are quite dark. It was a struggle to do makeup in the dimly lit room. The elevators are so small!! It was so strange to us. The restaurant is also decorated in an older style. It's definitely got character but it wasn't really our style.
2. Pool is small and can get a little crowded.

Areas for improvement:
1. Add brighter white lights to the bathroom!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for great service but there are other options that are a little more up to date.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SashaPintos
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The front desk staff made our stay great. Matt's check-in with great suggestions about upgrades and local places to shop was helpful and knowledgeable -- and his special gift to us was enjoyed greatly; and when we were lamenting that we'd forgotten our cribbage board, which we always travel with, David at the front desk came in the next day, on his day off, and left his own personal board for us to use during our stay. That was the most amazing and generous experience I've ever had from a hotel. Shout-outs to both Dave and Matt.

We were here for a wedding. Our room was smallish for a suite, which we upgraded to, but the view was great and other than spotty housekeeping service, we were very happy. The only other thing I would say is that it was awfully dark in the bathroom. Even after maintenance came to change out some bulbs (not at our request) it was still dark. But those are little things. The staff was great, the food -- especially breakfast -- was good, and it was fun to have the option to dine outside or in. Bell staff was prompt and friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeBe M

BeBe,
Thank you for the nice comments. I will make sure to share them with the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Tim Cunningham