“Last minute accomodations”
Review of Sunset Marquis

Sunset Marquis
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I decided to go out at the last minute on New Years 2017. After calling several hotels in West Hollywood my friend and I decided to stay at the Sunset Marquis Hotel; most Hotel had extremely inflated rates due to New Years Eve, so I figured that if I were going to spend $$$ I was going to stay at LUXURY hotel right off the Sunset Strip and get my money's worth! I was NOT disappointed!! Upon arrival I was escorted to the front desk for an easy and quick check in, then escorted to my beautiful one bedroom suite. Upon entry sitting on the table were 4-5 chocolate/white chocolate covered strawberries on a plate that said Happy New Years! The room even had a mini bar! Since we were running late, we quickly went out front and asked the bellman to call a cab for us to take us to a club, a complimentary Limosuine pulled right up to us, the chauffeur opened the door for us and we were whisked away. When we got to the club, the chauffeur opened the door and asked us what time we wanted to be picked up, I said "3am". We went into the club, partied, and welcomed the new year. We left the club well after 4am (we lost track of time), to our surprise, the limousine was waiting right out front for us, and drove us back to the Sunset Marquis... The hotel grounds are beautiful! Right off the Sunset Strip-by all of the action! Rooms were immaculately clean! Service was excellent! Food was great! This hotel is 5 Stars! We were treated so special, even while we were at the club the chauffeur was right outside, ensuring we got back to the hotel safely... it's no wonder why rock stars stay here.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I have stayed here off on for something approaching 30 years.
Always have a warm glow walking into this LA home from home.
Perfectly situated for the nearby strip, this is essentially a motel style hotel adapted thro’ the years into a very funky 4 star hotel with a fab restaurant, pools, spa and recording studio with superb easy going staff. The rooms are generous in size, the bungalows are quite special as are the ground floor poolside rooms.
The Whisky Bar is an essential evening ‘hang’.
Guests are a mixture of deal makers, hustlers, smooth operators and a good smattering of ageing rockers.
Non combatant guests must wonder if they are extras in a music biz version of The Player.
There are minor issues, the original pool side building looks a little shabby. The window frames need replacing and the mass of visible wires and cabling in the restaurant are an irritant. They overplay the music business angle of the hotels heritage by displaying unnecessary ‘Hard Rock Café’ style displays of guitars-no need for this as this hotel is live theatre for the music business on a daily basis-you could sell tickets. I don’t need it rammed down my throat at every opportunity.
Nevertheless, the Marquis is a classic, a legendary boutique hotel which led the way-a must on your worldwide hotel tick box

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2017

First time staying at this hotel, very nice the first room that i had.
I had to go out of town for a few days so checked out on my return back to the property i was advised that my room was not ready and if i left my phone number they would call some 3 hours later still no call... so i put a call in and was then told my room was now ready kind of a waste of time to leave numbers if they dont inform guests when rooms are ready...
I spend a lot of time In LA and i dont think i will choose to stay here again. the only saving grace its close to one of my favourite spots for breakfast

Room Tip: go for a room that over looks the pool
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank David L
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Love everything about this place - from the food, the rooms, the staff, the pool - just everything. I will be staying only here when I am in Los Angeles as I can't fault this place. Hi and thanks to everyone there for such a wonderful Oasis in the LaLa Land desert.

Room Tip: Just ask for the size you want - from solo traveller to family/celebrity suites.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

2 nights stay at the sunset marquis, the hotel is good, the rooms are a bit dark, but pretty large and I had the chance the have a balcony.
The restaurant is just amazing, very nice food and service.
The location is really good, very quiet.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business