Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
US$322
  • Pool
Montrose West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$220
Official Website
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$262/night.

Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
US$448
US$422
  • Pool
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
US$388
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$455/night.

Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$301
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$230
Official Website
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$414
US$286
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$327/night.

US$531
US$462
  • Breakfast included
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$385
US$241
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$317
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrecording studiobedroom villakoi pondrock starwhiskey barrock and rollequinox gymmain buildingtucked awayhome from homebeautiful propertygreat barlow keyan updateconcierge deskresidential streetcool hotel
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I always thought the Andaz was probably the best of a not so great selection of hotels in West Hollywood but after staying at the Sunset Marquis I've changed my mind. We stayed in a villa toward the back of the property. I was surprised at how much space they had behind the rather small entrance.

PROS:

Room Quality - Very high end modern finishes. We had a villa which was basically a basic hotel room. There was no "view" but this is WeHo. The bathroom was large with more towels that we would use in a week. Separate standing tub and shower with handheld and rainshower.

Bed - Honestly the bed was crazy comfortable. I've been to alot of great hotels and this bed had to be the most comfortable I've ever slept in. It's hard to explain why - you just sink into the thing. The sheets are very high thread count, the pillows just form to you and there is a very thick feather bed cover over the mattress. Really incredible.

Property Atmosphere - this property is setup something like the Hotel BelAir. Although it doesn't reach that level it honestly comes close in many ways.

Restaurant - We had breakfast in the restaurant which was excellent. It was nice sitting there next to the waterfall that pours out of the restaurant toward the rest of the property. They were prepping for brunch which looked great as well.

CONS:

I really don't have any bad things to say - but if I had to pick something:

Bellman - the bellman was overly friendly and really working for a gratuity. I would have been fine taking my bags to the room, but then he had to go through every light switch, etc. I'm sure he's just doing as he's trained but I was glad when he finally left the room.

Lobby and main building - I think the lobby is due for an update and it appears that they are updating the exterior of the main building. Really it's still a nice property but I think there is some room for improvement.

Overall, I highly recommend the Sunset Marquis - I have to say the best place to stay in West Hollywood. Definitely spend the extra for one of the villa rooms.

Room Tip: Go for a villa room. The bathroom is crazy nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed at the main hotel-not the villas- but the suite was amazing. Service was great and the location perfect. We got a 3 day offer package and found the price reasonable for what you get. We extended our stay for 1 more night and the manager charged us at the same offer rate.
Hotel has an exotic and refreshing atmosphere.
Could ask for more, definitely will come back

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Just stayed again and the visit was great. The property is well maintained. The staff continues to extend a warm welcome and goes out of their way to assist (many of them remembered I had been a prior guest). The hotel does a good job with communication prior to arrival to know arrival time and ask if they can make dining or spa reservations. Had a chance for a spa treatment and it was perfect.

Room Tip: Bar 1200 at the entry of the hotel is a lot of fun, locals and hotel guest mingle there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Edwin C
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We've stayed here a couple of times now and will definitely come again. The rooms are large and well appointed, although a bit tired. The cool furniture can be chipped, scratched or just worn but that is not a deal breaker for us. We enjoy the location. A short walk to Santa Monica blvd and into Beverly Hills makes for a nice morning walk. Loads of nearby shops and restaurants are convenient too.

You never know who you'll run into at the Sunset Marquis. If you like discrete people watching at one of the pools, the bar or the restaurant, you'll really like it here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Upon driving up to check in I had to ask for help from the 3 valet men working in front of the hotel. By the second suitcase one finally got the idea and retrieved a cart and helped me check in. The reseption at the front desk was a little disorganized. Not a smooth check in. The gardens are nice. The room is nice but room service messed up more than once. Just couldn't get the orders straight after 5 days very agrivating.

• Stayed: October 2012