“Always good and very nice service and atmosphere”

Tortilla Republic Grill & Tequileria
Reserve with OpenTable
Tortilla Republic Grill & Tequileria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 439 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: Melrose
Description: Tortilla Republic offers inventive modern Mexican fare with unexpected flavors utilizing all natural meats as well as organic and locally grown produce. We offer a variety of gastronomic and entertaining experiences, with updated Mexican classics made with fresh seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed 10 November 2016

I went with a friend who had introduced me to that restaurant in March 2015.
The food is excellent, the service very friendly, the price reasonable.
This is the kind of place I will go too each time I am in L.A. I had 2 jalapeno margaritas with the guacamole and chips, than excellent queso fundido and Chile relleno and the wonderful churros. All perfect

Manager M, Manager at Tortilla Republic Grill & Tequileria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Hello,

I want to say Thank you for giving us such a great review. I am so glad that you had a great time at Tortilla Republic!

When you are back in LA, please come in and see us again. Ask for me and I would love to buy you a Jalapeno Margarita!

Have a great holiday!

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Tried this last night. Their happy hour goes till 7 PM, and I intended to order off of that menu.

My friend had a special coupon. For $30, each git a cocktail,one shared appetizer and two entrées. Can't beat that! We shared cervichi was just too bland for my tastes. We then had the special monkfish, on a poblano pepper, which was tasty, and the recommended short ribs, which was bland. Way too much food! My friend had an allergic reaction to something she ate, and was scratching all night.

The interior is beautiful, the happy hour menu inviting, and the bar scene is lively. The good sounded better than it tasted.

Manager M, Manager at Tortilla Republic Grill & Tequileria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Hello Sherry,

Thank you your feedback. Our Chef and Kitchen staff takes pride in providing the best quality food to our guests, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the food on this day.
Our Short Ribs is such a popular dish at TR for it's spicy flavor and to hear that it was bland is a little disappointing. I apologize that our food was not up to our high standards.

I hope your friend has recovered from her allergic reaction. Our service staff is well versed on how to handle allergy requests, was the server informed of any allergies?

I appreciate your comments without knowing we are not able to improve. Upon your next visit with us, please ask for me, I want to ensure that you enjoy your dining expereince.

I hope to see you at Tortilla Republic soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Super place, good menu choice, great service and delicious! Friendly and helpful service, highly recommend

Hello Sharon!

Thank you for your nice comment! It's so great to hear that our guests are enjoying their time at Tortilla Republic!

We look forward to be serving you soon!

Manager

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Came here for a birthday dinner and it was amazing. Fun atmosphere, great drinks, food and staff. Will definitely come back!

Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy that you had a great birthday celebration with us.

We can't wait to see you again!

Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Loved the decor of this formally Japanese restaurant. The heavy ropes were a different yet sexy look and the vibe was very cool. The food was strong, and the service was solid. Really enjoyed the wines, and the restaurant where the name may be underselling the quality of the establishment.