“Peaceful in busy LA” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
London
“Peaceful in busy LA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

very understated hotel - and so laid back that the service was alight touch. If the staff were not so willing to help all of the time, I would have marked it down.

Roof Top Pool great location

Rooms not quite as good as the pictures.

Gym Still not finished Feb 2012, but getting there

The rooms are a good size which have kept the score up from me

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TommyG100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
Barstow, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We came up to Los Angeles for the 113th annual Golden Dragon Parade. It had been a while since we've attended. The last time we were here, we stayed in Japantown, but we thought West Hollywood would be great this time around. There were quite a few properties in the area, and after careful consideration, I picked the Chamberlain for us.

I really like the location. Within walking distance of Santa Monica Blvd and area of West Hollywood, but far enough away so that we couldn't hear the street noise. Their website was easy to navigate and I took advantage of their Pied-A-Terre special; a one bedroom suite. The special also included parking, which is $35. Compared to the other properties I looked at, this was a great deal.

I like having a lot of room to move around in. Our room had a living room and dining area, however, no kitchen/kitchenette, just a small coffee maker. Apparently, there are some rooms with a small kitchenette, so I guess I can request one of those the next time. There's a small refrigerator, but no room to place your own drinks. There is also a safe for any valuables. The AC units are a little noisy, but adequate. The view is great! And there's also a gas fireplace. Since I'm a big time snorer, I slept on the sofa bed and I must say, it was the most comfortable pullout I've ever slept on. This tells me not many children stay here. When I requested linen, someone brought it up and set up the bed for me. Nice sized bathroom too.

The staff here is incredibly friendly and professional. They only have valet, but it's nice to have this service in this small boutique hotel. The housekeeping and grounds staff were very friendly. The front desk staff was great! Overall, they offer pretty much the same amenities that the big hotels offer, but on a much more intimate level. We never encountered any rude or discourteous staff members. When we travel, we look for comfort, convenience, affordability, and a little style. This place has it all.

I didn't care for the furniture, but we didn't plan on staying in the room to admire it. Oh, and the shower head was really high, I mean, I'm 5'8 and had to really reach to move it. Those are really the only two things I didn't like. We didn't take advantage of the pool but it's a great rooftop pool! We went up at night to look at the view. I'm sure on a hot day, the place would be packed. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you book online, make your requests, and then call to verify before showing up. And always get s...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank heuster3
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear heuster,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your previous travels for the Golden Dragon Parade! I am happy to see that you took advantage of our Pied-a-Terre package!

I take pride in our hotel and the service that our staff provides so I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know about their stay and the service they received!

I do hope you choose to stay with us again next year if you attend the 114th Annual Golden Dragon Parade!

Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Just spent three nights at the Chamberlain and had an enjoyable stay. The rooms are really spacious and have great design and the rooftop pool has a great view. Service is really pleasant as well and I love the parking garage has all the cars behind a curtain, very classy.

I put this out to all hotel owners. Just charge me a few more bucks a night to have free WiFi. I hate logging in daily and paying for 24 hours of service, it's a pain and seems antiquated in the world of free WiFi.

Also, some rooms can be really dark. Be sure and try and get a room that faces outside the building and not into the "courtyard".

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear SavvySeattleTraveler,

Thank you for your kind review of the Chamberlain West Hollywood! Also, thank you for your input on providing free wireless internet to guests - I will definitely bring this up and look into it further.

Because we are an environmentally conscious property we do use lower wattage and energy efficient light bulbs but we are happy to provide additional lighting upon request.

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Walking ditance to everything! Very cool updates and beautiful roof top pool. Located quaintly in the neighborhood, suprisingly great food, spacious rooms, guest lounge with bar.

Room Tip: I recommend upper level front room on the street. It's quiet that there is no street noise.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Craig F
france
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Very good location for this lovely hotel in West Hollywood .
The staff is lovely ( though you might want to have more staff at the reception at night for security purposes ) and the rooms are beautifully decorated ( the shower needs to be fixed though ), very spacious with great amenities. Location is great but it might be better if you have a car . Definately recommend this hotel !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bedugul
Dear Bedugul,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood on your previous travels to Los Angeles! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Along with our overnight Front Desk Agent we do have security that also patrols the property in order to ensure our guests' safety! I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!