“BBQ Chicken For Dessert!”

Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #9 of 272 Restaurants in West Covina
Reviewed 24 December 2017

The bbq chicken at Lucille's comes as a half chicken and it's sweet, slightly spicy, and fall-off-the-bone tender. Even the breast is juicy. Its sweetness and juiciness is so satisfying, you may not feel the need for dessert--if you even had any room left (the portions are big). Also, you can choose any 2 sides from a long list, and the sides are very good also. I've also had the catfish here and it's also very good (I choose it maybe every 4th visit). One tip: call ahead and make a reservation to avoid very long waits.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I am from the south so I am picky on my barbecue. When I found a restaurant that had burnt ends I was shocked. Meat was cooked excellent as I had the burnt ends and sausage trio. Excellent flavor. Only complaint, and this is a personal choice, was it had a little bit too much sauce on it. Other than that food was excellent and there was an excellent selection of both meat and sides

Reviewed 8 August 2017

If you like BBQ, you will like Lucille's. I had the tri-tip, and it was great. Highly recommended! My only complaint (if you can call it that) was that they served enough for more than two meals. Lucille's is not the place for someone counting calories or carbs or who wants vegan. This is (literally) a meat and potatoes restaurant . . . but it is a great meat and potatoes restaurant if that is what you're looking for. I wish the decor and place settings were a bit less colloquial (drinking glasses shaped as old-style mugs is dated and a bit corny), but the restaurant I visited (Chino, CA) was clean, the service very good, the people friendly and service-oriented. You just have to get past the 1940s era country decor.

1  Thank mark_mtsac
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Love their BBQ but hate the long wait every time we go it's always crowded and have to wait for an hour or so even if we tried calling in advance.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This is a popular chain restaurant for good reasons. The decor and ambiance is upscale roadhouse and this place was big. It had front seating that was behind glass, but open above 7 feet - sort of patio like. The BBQ is plentiful and really good. But not great. I have been to many BBQ joints across the country and this does not make the top 30 by any stretch. Servers were attentive. Families like coming here for special events given the number of tables of 8 or 10, and it is lively.

Been to Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ? Share your experiences!