“My favorite Mongolian BBQ”

Emperor Mongolian BBQ
Ranked #31 of 293 Restaurants in West Covina
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I've gone to Emperor Mongolian BBQ for well over 10 years, although I went more regularly when I worked nearby. In any case, I had lunch there today and it is as wonderful as ever. The couple whom I believe to be the owners are always on site making sure things run well. The restaurant is very clean and the pine panel walls look (charmingly!) like something from a cafe in the mountains. One fills a bowl with as many of the meat and vegie ingredients as can be smashed into the bowl. It is cooked in front of you and then you're good to go. I've gone to any number of these types of restaurants but this is, in my opinion, the best of the lot.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

If you like to select your own ingredients and don't have a great deal of time, this place is great. They have three choices of meat (beef, chicken, lamb) and lots of veggies. Remember to tip the cook!

Reviewed 17 September 2016

I have been coming to this restaurant for at least 14 years (since my youngest son was a junior in high school). The owners have remained the same and the main cook has remained the same. I have never had a bad experience and the food is always good. They used to bring you rice with your dinner, but that stopped some years back. I don't really care because I don't miss the rice. You can add noodles to your bowl if you want them, but I usually just get meat and vegetables. It's not a bad price for all-you-can-eat for dinner. Typically, I make 2 trips, but I eat a lot. This is a solid place to go if you like Mongolian BBQ. I definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped there for a lunch with my husband. It's a buffet style lunch with one trip. It was ok. Pretty average food. Good stuff. Small family owned place.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

The chef working the grill is awesome to watch in action. You hand him your bowl full of vegetables, meat and noodles and in 90 seconds he has it cooked perfectly and back in your bowl. This is a casual, local kind of place. Same people have been working here for years.