“Nice BBQ dishes”

Add it.
Thai BBQ & Seafood
Ranked #143 of 264 Restaurants in West Covina
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our experience here started off rough. There were a lot of people waiting for a table at the front and no one was seating them. The servers were too busy with the current customers even though it wasn't completely full.

After observing for a while, it was clear that the serving system is not set up very well here. Servers were not in charge of areas and ran all the tables. It created chaos and a few times I saw 2 of the 3 servers going around refilling waters not knowing the other was doing that as well. Expect a bit of a delayed service here.

Don't expect much for ambiance. It totally looks like one of those dingy 80's style Chinese restaurants from our childhoods. You can tell they didn't change much from taking over a Chinese joint from years ago.

The food itself was very good. The prices are awesome as everything was around $8 per dish and the portions were very good. The chicken special was cooked nicely and the sweet & sour type sauce worked well with it. The fried rice that accompanied it was good too. My aunt ordered the beef sate skewers and it came with about 8 skewers which we were very shocked to get so many. We also ordered a pad thai, but my aunt asked for the glass noodles rather than the rice noodles. I prefer the rice noodles, but it had good flavor. I bet the original is good too.

Overall, the food was good and service wasn't horrible, just delayed. It's definitely a spot worth checking out for a cheap filling Thai BBQ meal.

1  Thank liquidmj

Been to Thai BBQ & Seafood? Share your experiences!