“Best Value Mexican Brunch Buffet”
Review of El Torito

El Torito
Reserve with OpenTable
El Torito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 293 Restaurants in West Covina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 January 2017

We received a 2-for-1 coupon for this restaurant after registering for their e-club on my wife's birthday. We had their midday Mexican brunch. The brunch included a salad/salsa bar, a burrito/taco bar, hot entrees, tortilla vegetable soup and dessert bar. The salad/salsa bar offered selection of lettuce, several condiments and a variety of salsa, plain & spicy. The hot entrees included grilled chicken, beef chunks and carnitas. I like carnitas the best; it was moist & tasty. The chicken was a little on the dry side, but ok. The tortilla vegetable soup was very good. I also had the carnitas burrito topped with onion & spicy salsa. It was delicious. The flan dessert added a very fine finish to the brunch. The price of the brunch was very reasonable. The 2-for-1 coupon made this meal especially good.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Taco Tuesdays are a must at El Torito. The tacos are delicious and they go great with the Maggies. Stop by and have a few..

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I was staying next door. I needed some food after traveling all day. I decided to get carry out from this place and it was quick and very tasty. Plenty of food for the money.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

This restaurant was open late when I was returning to the hotel from being in the LA area. The hostess or server was friendly and greeted me and took my carry out order. I ordered a Chicken Fajita Burrito and the food was ready in about 10 minutes. She also included chips and salsa at no extra charge. The food was very good and there was enough food left for another meal.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

I headed over to this spot for dinner while staying at the Hampton Inn which is conveniently situated beside the restaurant. It was happy hour when I went and very busy, but it took almost 10 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge me when I headed into the bar area. A server came up and stated she would take my order although she wasn't the server, she would take care of me. She was the best part of the night....very sweet, very cordial and quick to respond. Although the night got off to a slow start, she rocked it. My other complaint however is about the food...i had a ceasar salad and it was drowning in dressing which totally ruined it. I didn't dare send it back since I was hungry. I ate it but didn't enjoy it. I also ordered street tacos and they were a little bland. Overall I was not impressed with the food, but the server saved the night otherwise I would have given two stars.

Been to El Torito? Share your experiences!