“Good Service and Traditional Breakfasts”

The Nugget Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Weaverville
Cuisines: American
Description: Primarily a breakfast/lunch place
Description: Primarily a breakfast/lunch place
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The Nugget is a classic breakfast joint with servers scurrying around refilling porcelain cups with 50s coffee. Pancakes, waffles, eggs over easy, hash browns and buttered, square, white sliced bread are all there. I had corned beef hash and while it was mostly potatoes, I was satisfied. Ketchup and a bit of tabasco, runny egg yolk and a bit of Smuckers strawberry jam on the toast followed by a sip of coffee was perfect after camping the night before on the Trinity River. I'm sure lunch and dinner will be what it is: nothing fancy but all too familiar fare.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Our proprietor recommended it, but clearly out of loyalty, not for the food in my case. It has a great small-town vibe, with first names etc. On a Sunday, it was packed and the service was very slow. I imagined I saw various employees wandering amiably off-shift in the middle of a busy lunch hour. Order something very simple like bacon and eggs and you're probably ok, though my husband found even his oatmeal to be a bit watery. I had a hot turkey sandwich. Huge, white bread and white gravy! The seasoning was ok if you shut your eyes, but it seemed to have been steamed into a hospital-food mountain of mush. It was edible with an effort; I was hungry. The servers were nice once they got to the table.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Stopped at the Nugget on our way from Eureka to Shasta Lake on Hwy 299. Great down home cafe. The food was hot, served up quickly and tasty. The bacon was cooked absolutely perfect. My husband actually tipped the chef for his omelet! The waitress was friendly and attentive. This is a place where the locals eat, so that's a good sign of good food.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

This is not a town to head for on a Sunday. This was just about the only place open for lunch. Food and service adequate.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We were a group of about 10 for dinner, and all of us found the food and service to be very good and reasonably priced.