Full-Day Small Group Yosemite & Glacier Point Tour Including Hotel Pickup

Book in advance
from
US$169.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Pioneer Yosemite History Center
from US$169.00
from US$1,268.00
from US$1,228.00
More Info
All reviews covered bridge history center yosemite np step back in time many times blacksmith area information stop barn signs volunteers development
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2019

I had driven past Wawona many times but never knew about Pioneer Yosemite History Center just to the north. You start with a wagon shed with open sides and views of maybe two dozen wagon, coaches, and other animal powered vehicles. Also the Gray Barn where they hold square dances in the evening, but we were long along our way by then. Then you cross a covered bridge into an open area surrounded by about a dozen old historic buildings that had been moved here from the area. Most were closed, but there was an interpreter at the Wells Fargo telling about Wells Fargo freight (no bank yet), but was also Western Union telegraph and a phone switch board, although we were told it was probably faster to send a telegram than use the primitive telephone. There were two blacksmiths working in the Blacksmith shop making decorative items from old horse shoes. Since my camera messed up, we hope to return.

4  Thank Kenneth L
Reviewed 26 August 2019

I love crossing the the wooden covered bridge to the Pioneer Center. Though you can't go in any of the buildings, except where the stage coaches/farm equipment are housed, it's fun reading about each building and looking in the windows,

Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

My son enjoyed his time here. We visited the stables and met the mule horses. They have pointy ears. There was an active bkacksmith on location who we bought a horseshoe from. We met a lovely ranger who walked us through all the log cabins. We saw a range of stagecoaches as well. It was a short walk from the wawona hotel. This is a must visit.

2  Thank archlav
Reviewed 18 June 2019

Not much here to see. It's great to take the kids to run around a little, but honestly there isn't much.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 17 June 2019

This is such a cool feature of Wawona – local mountain history that you can experience first hand. My favorite two buildings are the jail (bad guys waited till after breakfast to escape as it was so easy) and the Homestead (stairs to the upstairs bedroom are outside!)

When I visited in June, the buildings were not staffed. But I still enjoyed my visit.

Date of experience: June 2019