“Fantastic experience with amazing instructors!”

Skydive Surfcity -Santa Cruz
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Watsonville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the only skydiving operator in Santa Cruz County and we boast THE BEST coastal views of any Drop Zone in California. We are the closest Skydiving Operation from San Jose and San Francisco that has coastal views! Our instructors average and experience level of 8.500 safe skydives and some of our instructors have been on formation world records.Enjoy: -Unbeatable Coastal Views of the entire Monterey Bay-Best Safety Records-Most Experienced Tandem Instructors-Amazing Scenic Flight to Altitude- Unique Videos Cover the Freefall AND the Canopy Ride-Check out our personalized Gift Certificates (Best Present EVER!!!)With Skydive Surfcity you will never feel like just another jump. Although our instructors have done many thousands of safe skydives we do realize that YOUR jump may be YOUR first.
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Did a tandem jump with instructor, Steffan and my wife's instructor, Dan. They were great and guided us patiently throughout! Highly recommended for any one doing their maiden skydive! Thanks for the wonderful experience!!

1  Thank pRedAtov
"ocean"
in 4 reviews
"bay"

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

This place has amazing ocean views and extremely experienced instructors. It was incredible to see Monterey on one side of the bay and Santa Cruz on the other and skydiving over it all! I was staring at the ocean all the way up to altitude and all the way down. There was no shortage of breath taking ocean views. My instructor, Dan, was super awesome! I was incredibly nervous to be jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. He told me he has over 15,000 Skydives and everyone else had around the same number. They told me that in order to be an instructor you need 500 Skydive's, so knowing that these guys have well over that put me at ease and made me feel safe. Extremely happy with my decision to skydive with them. Highly highly recommend jumping with Skydive Surfcity!!

1  Thank Jessica Y
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Thank you so much!!
I was so nervous and really wasn't sure if I would be able to jump
out of a plane but the guys at Skydive Surfcity really looked after me!
It was the best thing I have ever done!
DO it, and do it with these guys they are fantastic and really look after you.
Can't wait to do it again sometime soon :)

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stopped off at Skydive Surfcity on our road trip between San Francisco and LA to do our first tandem skydives. We had booked our skydive reservation a few months in advance for the 10am slot but the owner Volker emailed the week before to ask if we wanted to move it a little later to avoid the risk of fog in the morning - we really appreciated it since if our skydive had been cancelled due to bad weather we wouldn't have been able to come back another day.

I had read in reviews for other skydiving companies to expect a lot of waiting around - not ideal when you're nervous about your first jump - but Skydive Surfcity were really quick, we showed up about 10 minutes earlier than required for our jump time and they got us started on the paperwork and safety video right away then we met our instructors and got suited up! The instructors were amazing, they've done over 8000 jumps themselves but they still made your jump feel special as they knew it was your first one. They made us feel totally at ease and we couldn't have asked for more.

The skydive itself was amazing, we chose the higher altitude jump which was great - the views were incredible and we had a perfect clear day to see the ocean.

Our photos and videos were brilliant, we definitely wanted to get everything as we're probably not going to skydive again and we really appreciated the extra time the guys spent with us afterwards getting us some photos that we could share with our friends while we were still on holiday as we wouldn't be able to download everything til we got home.

Overall an amazing experience & great customer service, if you're thinking about skydiving this is definitely the place to do it!!

1  Thank Simon L