Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Skydive Surfcity -Santa Cruz tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews free fall landing jumping life birthday ocean
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Thank you so much!!
I was so nervous and really wasn't sure if I would be able to jump
out of a plane but the guys at Skydive Surfcity really looked after me!
It was the best thing I have ever done!
DO it, and do it with these guys they are fantastic and really look after you.
Can't wait to do it again sometime soon :)

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stopped off at Skydive Surfcity on our road trip between San Francisco and LA to do our first tandem skydives. We had booked our skydive reservation a few months in advance for the 10am slot but the owner Volker emailed the week before to ask if we wanted to move it a little later to avoid the risk of fog in the morning - we really appreciated it since if our skydive had been cancelled due to bad weather we wouldn't have been able to come back another day.

I had read in reviews for other skydiving companies to expect a lot of waiting around - not ideal when you're nervous about your first jump - but Skydive Surfcity were really quick, we showed up about 10 minutes earlier than required for our jump time and they got us started on the paperwork and safety video right away then we met our instructors and got suited up! The instructors were amazing, they've done over 8000 jumps themselves but they still made your jump feel special as they knew it was your first one. They made us feel totally at ease and we couldn't have asked for more.

The skydive itself was amazing, we chose the higher altitude jump which was great - the views were incredible and we had a perfect clear day to see the ocean.

Our photos and videos were brilliant, we definitely wanted to get everything as we're probably not going to skydive again and we really appreciated the extra time the guys spent with us afterwards getting us some photos that we could share with our friends while we were still on holiday as we wouldn't be able to download everything til we got home.

Overall an amazing experience & great customer service, if you're thinking about skydiving this is definitely the place to do it!!

1  Thank Simon L
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Great experience and worth every penny.

But, I wasn't too happy with my SkyDiving video as the trainer completely diverted the camera while landing.

But overall it was excellent.

2  Thank Shantanu G
Reviewed 24 August 2016

First time skydiving. Did a tandem jump from 10,000 feet and it was a blast. I felt safe the entire time. Paid for the photo package also and now have some really nice pictures that I will always cherish.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

the attracrion by itself is incredible-great views, fast preparations and just incredible feel while you jump (my first skydive).
i would definitly come again if i will be in the area although one small issue which was ,probably, my feeling: the instructor. he looked un-interested and generally had a 'i-dont-want-to-be-here' look, while the other instructor with the other jumper was very nice and keen to help and looked very enthusiast about what he is doing. that said, the jump by itself is a must.

Skydivesurfcity, Manager at Skydive Surfcity -Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Hello! Thank you so much for your review. It really helps us to know where we stand and to improve our experience. We are glad that you loved the ocean views and the jump. We are sorry to hear that your instructor's look seemed uninterested. The experience level of our instructors is way above industry standard. Currently the average jump numbers are > 8,000 jumps (while the FAA only requires to have 500 jumps). Of course this high experience level translates in an amazing safety record.
Sometimes with experience comes a bit of a "routine" which may explain the look....but it does not excuse it! We want our instructors to treat each jump like it was their first...it generally is the first for out customers! So I would like to look into that and maybe have a chat with yourinstructor. Would you mind sending us an email with your name so we can look up who you jumped with. We would of course talk with the instructor without mentioning your name :-) That would really help us. Our email: Info(a)skydivesurfcity.com
Thank you so much for jumping with us and giving us feedback