“Fun!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$229.00*
and up
Oceanview Skydiving in the San Francisco Bay area...
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Watsonville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the only skydiving operator in Santa Cruz County and we boast THE BEST coastal views of any Drop Zone in California. We are the closest Skydiving Operation from San Jose and San Francisco that has coastal views! Our instructors average and experience level of 8.500 safe skydives and some of our instructors have been on formation world records.Enjoy: -Unbeatable Coastal Views of the entire Monterey Bay-Best Safety Records-Most Experienced Tandem Instructors-Amazing Scenic Flight to Altitude- Unique Videos Cover the Freefall AND the Canopy Ride-Check out our personalized Gift Certificates (Best Present EVER!!!)With Skydive Surfcity you will never feel like just another jump. Although our instructors have done many thousands of safe skydives we do realize that YOUR jump may be YOUR first.
Reviewed 24 August 2016

First time skydiving. Did a tandem jump from 10,000 feet and it was a blast. I felt safe the entire time. Paid for the photo package also and now have some really nice pictures that I will always cherish.

All reviews
"dan"
"freefall"
"ocean"

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

the attracrion by itself is incredible-great views, fast preparations and just incredible feel while you jump (my first skydive).
i would definitly come again if i will be in the area although one small issue which was ,probably, my feeling: the instructor. he looked un-interested and generally had a 'i-dont-want-to-be-here' look, while the other instructor with the other jumper was very nice and keen to help and looked very enthusiast about what he is doing. that said, the jump by itself is a must.

Skydivesurfcity, Manager at Skydive Surfcity -Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Hello! Thank you so much for your review. It really helps us to know where we stand and to improve our experience. We are glad that you loved the ocean views and the jump. We are sorry to hear that your instructor's look seemed uninterested. The experience level of our instructors is way above industry standard. Currently the average jump numbers are > 8,000 jumps (while the FAA only requires to have 500 jumps). Of course this high experience level translates in an amazing safety record.
Sometimes with experience comes a bit of a "routine" which may explain the look....but it does not excuse it! We want our instructors to treat each jump like it was their first...it generally is the first for out customers! So I would like to look into that and maybe have a chat with yourinstructor. Would you mind sending us an email with your name so we can look up who you jumped with. We would of course talk with the instructor without mentioning your name :-) That would really help us. Our email: Info(a)skydivesurfcity.com
Thank you so much for jumping with us and giving us feedback

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We found Skydive Surfcity on Trip Advisor for our first time jump, and we were so happy with our choice! Volker and his team made us all feel 100% safe throughout the whole procedure; there were 8 of us who jumped for the first time and we all were so happy we were in their hands. Making appointments on line was super easy, and everything went so smoothly. Many of us were scared out of our minds but this outfitter really put us at ease. And of course, sky diving is AHMAZING!!! A once in a lifetime experience that I highly recommend doing. And there's no better way of doing it but with Volker!

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

This is a free fall and also amazing this is
Where I landed I landed in watsonville
Ramsey Park, I have been in the world of difference between the ages of my life and death of passengers and I will not be able to do it for the next couple of weeks.

2  Thank The p
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Skydiving isn't one of those activities where one plops down the credit card and simply enjoys the ride. This was an activity where I was looking for some serious confidence-building professionalism. On the other hand, I wasn't looking for the somber professionalism of, say, a heart surgeon. What I found at Skydive Surfcity was a perfect mix of professionalism and team camaraderie. My son (age 36) and I (age 70) were celebrating our respective birthdays. We were cordially welcomed, walked through what to expect and what was expected of us (5 pages of initialled agreement that we did, indeed, know that death and dismemberment were possible outcomes of our dives -- pretty much the same potential outcomes we'd already weathered on the jammed freeway drive down from the SF East Bay community of Canyon), then I was paired with Eric and my son with Robbie. We subsequently sat back and enjoyed the ride (14,000-ft upwards taking about 15 minutes) and dive (14,000-ft downwards taking about a flash). Eric & Robbie walked us through every self-assuring step of the way. Both are to be complimented on their superb 'bedside manner' -- had there been a bedside invovled, of course -- but there wasn't -- just a howling, windswept open airplane door through which both pairs of us needed to slither into what the poet, Erza Pound, called the 'cyan oblivions' -- at 28 degrees Fahrenheit! The videos we purchased allowed us to revisit the adrenaline rush; the still photos allowed us great fuel for things like facebook uploads. The hoodies we purchased have provided us with some serious bragging right opportunities since then. Do it again? Not sure, but my wife definitely feels it's her turn next, so maybe there will be a reprise. And if there is, it definitely will be a Skydive Surfcity!

2  Thank HiddenFindSeeker