“Take a trip way back in time”

Jolly-Kone-Drive-Inn
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Wasco
Reviewed 16 September 2015

We were on the road and heading through the massive burg of Wasco, California (like 30 miles from Bakersfield)...The two lane road turns to four lanes as you hit the downtown area...I had a hankering for a dipped cone and saw the Jolly Kone on the left and pulled right in...You look at it and think the time clock has sprung all the way back to the 50's...Pull the car up under the awning but watch out for the poles...Several are bend real good from drivers smacking into them...Then you can walk up to the window to order or head inside the small dinning area...I got my chocolate dipped cone (rather high price of over $2.50) and proceeded to lick it up as the ice milk dripped all over my hand...It was real bland and watery...After eating the chocolate covering I had some of the wet mess and tossed it...Ya live and learn...Others there looked like they were enjoying their meals and several cars came and went as we sat in the lot...Not gourmet, just some food...The next door view of the motel is just lovely (NOT)...One positive is the place has stood the test of time and continues to be a fixture in Wasco...It certainly isn't the cone business that keeps their doors open...I've had so much better so many times before...

Date of visit: September 2015

Reviewed 19 September 2014

We just had to go here, the fun signs and lights beckoned and we hate passing up an old fashioned drive in. We had already had dinner, but we did gt a vanilla shake was was rich and fattening and just plain delicious! Places like this are going by the wayside faster than I like to see, so I'm glad we stopped and if we're ever in Wasco again, we'd give it a whirl for an old fashioned burger and fries.

Date of visit: August 2014