All reviews underground parking front desk cinnamon rolls biscuits and gravy breakfast room chick fil wednesday night free breakfast hour fitness soy milk road noise would stay here again yogurt san francisco nice lobby nice breakfast minute drive
Reviewed 11 December 2017

This hotel was very convenient to everywhere we were going to visit on our stay in the area. It has a good size parking lot in back and the parking is free. The room we had was showing a little wear and tear but overall was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The morning breakfast offered had many options including various egg and sausage items. Staff was extremely friendly. Wish I could comment on the overall value but we selected this hotel through a credit card rewards program so the stay did not cost us. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor room was very quiet but had a little foot noise from above. Only two stories to hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Cynthia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,and we appreciate your feed back. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay due to the wear and tear of the room, as that is not up to our normal standards and we are currently have gone under renovations to correct our hotel room problems. We will share your feedback with our staff . We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service here at the Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is nice, somewhat dated, however it's close within minutes to the freeway and or downtown Walnut Creek.
The Staff is friendly, being a HI Express, you'll find a breakfast service with something for everyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank randykiel23
Cynthia T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We are satisfied return customers for Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek. It is a walking distance away from BART station (Contra Costa Center). The room is clean. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast is great (almost everything you can think of). The staff is helpful and the price is right. What is there not to like? Well, may be the Wi-Fi connection. The signal is weak at times. I had to go using the hotels computer in the lobby to finish an online check in for my flight - but that is a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Cynthia T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that your room was clean and beds were comfortable and breakfast was great! .We apologize that our internet services did not meet expectations. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again when you are in Walnut Creek.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Hotels will typically overbook their properties 3 to 5%, based on the assumption that they will get a certain number of no-shows. This is even though they are already collecting the revenue on the room already with the credit card hold, as it is a good chance to pad their revenue with relatively low risk that the traveler will show up. However, in this case, they lost their bet. As I showed up at this hotel at 2am after a 4 hour flight delay and a flat tire on my Lyft, they were in the process of selling my room to someone else. That person had a big grin on their face as I walked in to find out that, after a horribly long and hard travel day, they now had my room at my expense. I suddenly had nowhere to stay, despite my guaranteed reservation.

The night manager, a creepy individual with minimal personality and no empathy, greeted me at the door, he knew who I was and what he was in the process of doing. He meekly sought to get me another room somewhere, though he knew there were no other available rooms in town, and that I would have to stay thirty miles away in another town, although my meetings were in Walnut Creek the next day. It took fifteen minutes to get me another room, twenty minutes to get a cab at that time of night, and finally thirty minutes to get to my new hotel, in bed at 3am.

I travel a lot, I get that things happen beyond anyone's control, and that's part of it. However, getting to my hotel was the one thing getting me through the other difficulties of the day, and selling that room was well within control of that hotel. I was left alone in an unfamiliar town in the middle of the night, with few if any options at the mercy of the hotel. What if I had been a young person or a family?

It is not a matter of compensation, the company pays for my travel, it is an issue of safety and integrity. Selling my room when I had a guaranteed reservation, without checking to see if I was on the way, is unethical and puts me at an unacceptable risk. I have escalated this issue to my corporate travel group, as I do not want the same thing to ever happen to my colleagues or customers. Although I am just one nobody in a world of millions of travelers, the only way to affect change is to stand up for ourselves. Stay away from this hotel, and please help to protect other travelers from a similar experience. Thanks

Room Tip: Don't go here
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MDavout

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please call me directly so we can further discuss your experience at the hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced and having to move to another hotel, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We often stay at Walnut Creek's Holiday Inn Express, and the quality-for-the-price keeps getting better. For this last four night stay, the check-in process took under a minute (as they had everything prepared in advance), parking, as always, was free as was a perfectly adequate breakfast. The room was clean and quiet. Two of the people in the dining room, Eppie and Janus, and one of the desk people, Gilbert, we outstanding. Gilbert arranged to refreeze our ice block for our picnic basket, Janus packed a breakfast for us, and Eppie helped our every morning including a great suggestion to add honey to our yogurts. These may seem like little things, but they represent a management attitude and excellent staff training (and recruiting).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Giovanti B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed free parking, good breakfast and your clean and quiet room. Thank you for your pleasant comment of our breakfast staff personal Gilbert , Eppie and Janus. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again when you are in Walnut Creek.