“Disappointing”

La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Vista
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I finally had enough points to get a free night, and I'm sorry I used them here. I will stay again, simply because I have dogs and family in the area, but I don't feel like this stay was much of a reward. I requested a ground floor room (dogs) and got one on the 3rd floor. I was told there was an elevator but not in the building I was in. The refrigerator did not work. The toilet was not functioning properly. The room was not very clean (crumbs on the table) The woman who checked me in was very unfriendly and not very helpful. The one bright spot was the young woman who checked me out, very friendly and concerned. It is a good dog spot, plenty of places to walk very nearby.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Michael P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thanks for your review, I'm very sorry that you had such an unpleasant stay. There is no excuse for the room not being clean, and I appreciate the feedback so I can make sure this doesn't happen again. I'm also sorry you were not provided a map of the property and given the correct information. We have two buildings and an elevator in each one. Our standards are much higher than what you describe and we hope you will give us another chance to win your trust in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Emmy Nevera, she's very friendly and professional to customer service.. she's operating excellent job..very clean suites, nice, quiet, peaful, andl relaxing place, I just had very good experience, absolutely I'll go back soon.. I maked this place for my special and quality moments to stay.. just want to say thank you very much..

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thanks for your feedback! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

The odor is embedded in walls and carpet. Shower would not drain. Maintenance attempted to clear, did not work. Very loud couples fight at 2am-4am. Carpets need cleaning. Floors not sanitary at all. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Michael P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thanks for your feedback. We converted our few smoking rooms to non-smoking at the beginning of this year. The renovation included new carpets and repainting the rooms, as well as new beds, curtains, and deep cleaning. I'm sorry that you had this problem. Unfortunately sometimes people still violate the non-smoking policy (Despite being charged a hefty fee). We will continue to take every possible step to keep our rooms clean and comfortable. If you ever find them otherwise please let us know right away so that we can fix it for you.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Reasonable price. Pool guy came and dumped a gallon of chlorine while wife and I were getting the pool and not a word was said. There were kids in the pool too. Ariund the hotel was dirty. Initial room we wanted had strong smoke odor so they put us down stairs which is NOT what we wanted. Breakfast didn't have coffee lids and dirty. Over all I'd say worth the money but dont expect much.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Michael P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry that your experience wasn't up to our usual standards. We work hard to keep our hotel clean and comfortable. If we were short on anything at the breakfast bar I apologize for the oversight. We do contract with a professional pool maintenance company to keep our outdoor pool in good condition. I'm not sure what they were adding to the water when you witnessed them, but I'm sure it was not anything dangerous or they would have closed off the pool area in advance.

Thanks again for staying with us, and for your feedback!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Very quick service upon arrival, was given room key to enter. Very clean, tv and wifi worked well. It was very accommodating to all restaurants, shopping and our final destination. We will be coming back again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Michael P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us, and for giving your feedback. We hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
4.1 km away
Motel 6 Vista
#5 of 9 in Vista
9.8 km away
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista? Share your experiences!