“Not impressed ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This was my second time here & I don't why it gets such rave reviews. Both times there the service has been agonizing slow. The waitress took our drink orders 3 waters and 1 cream soda & it took 20 minutes , I even had to flag my waitress down. My husband wanted to try their natural cola but didn't want wait another 20 minutes. The food was good but not great. My first time there, I was charged to take a new employee to lunch & drive her around to see the area. It took 2 hr by the time we had to wait for a table, get our orders in get lunch and pay the bill and left no time to drive around. I thought maybe that was a bad day but this 2nd experience solidified my original impression

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

The only words I can use to open my review is this place is a hidden gem! It's in an old (or made to look like) 3 story house and offers outdoor seating as well. The decor and design is old and funky but gives off an amazing warm vibe. Their menu is very creative but for lunch I wanted a sandwich so I got the Deli Rose and it was spectacular! Between the decor and great food it made for a very memorable lunch here. I'm coming back when I'm in Vista again!

Reviewed 8 December 2017

This is always a relaxed environment. The cashew/cranberry salad is healthy, tasty and reasonable. The side of walnut bread is delicious. I also enjoy the waiters who are all mellow.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

has super chill vibe and great atmosphere! Lots of craftsmanship work has been put into this unique restaurant. Good food! Love the salad and chill!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had visited the Valley Center location before and enjoyed it, but got a late lunch start today so decided to take our out of town guests to lunch in Vista since it is closer

What a unique experience! We really enjoyed the interesting decor, plus the variety on the menu. One person had the Reuben and really enjoyed it. Another had the Green Drink and raved about it. The Lentil Soup was delightful, and the Chilli was great.

Took a long time to get our drinks, but everything else was delightful.

Been to The Yellow Deli? Share your experiences!