“Walking distance from Hampton Inn”
Review of Colima

Colima
Ranked #64 of 304 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 October 2017

A classic southwest Mexican restaurant. Food was average to a little above, and the margaritas were excellent

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Bottomline up front: the food here is terrific. I would say that the entrees are probably prepared using someone's family recipes - they are that good and that authentic. I say this as someone who grew up in the Rio Grande valley of South Texas and has been eating Mexico-inspired food for over 60 years. Our table had the steak fajitas and chicken enchiladas with green sauce. Both meals were really, really good. Our server was friendly and helpful, and we will definitely et here again the next time we are passing through Visalia. We were not able to come by for breakfast, but I'd bet that is great, too.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Food here is very good and service is terrific! I recommend any of their seafood items especially the seafood cocktails which are awesome. Only bad thing is place is a little ghetto looking and run down. Great place for fast service lunch.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Surprised to see so few reviews for this place as it's near a number of motels. I was lucky that they were still open after 8 pm on a Sunday. The decor inside is not great and it was understandably quiet but these did not detract from the friendly, family-run atmosphere. I was seated and served quickly. The chips came with a good hot red salsa and an okay pico de gallo. I had a combo of chile verde and chile relleno (with beans, rice and salad). The chile verde was really, really good and the relleno wasn't bad but I wasn't a big fan of the sauce. A highlight was the homemade corn tortilla; I had to finish them even though I was full. In all, a tasty filling dinner, reasonable at just over $16 before tip (inc. free refill soda) and very friendly people. Worth a visit :)

Reviewed 25 July 2015

The food was fresh, hot and delicious. The tortilla were so soft and wonderful. They brought chips with diced tomatoes, re-fried beans, and salsa for the chips. YUM!

Been to Colima? Share your experiences!