“Good Meal”

Olive Garden
Ranked #55 of 322 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The olive garden in visalia is physically a very nice clean restaurant. The food is good, better that a couple of years ago, and the service is great. However the last three times we have eaten there, we request a booth and they keep sitting us at a table. The restaurant can be quite noisy at times when full of customers, almost more like a sports bar or pizza joint than an Italian restaurant.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I was in there this evening between 6:30 to 8pm the server was great i had chicken and shrimp carbanara my boyfriend had shrimp scampi and chicken my friend had shrimp scampi and my other friend had spaghetti. The waiter was great no complaints, it was the manager that was rude. It was my boyfriend's bday and he didn't like his dinner i let the waiter know and the manager came by and grabbed his plate. He didnt seem sincere when he apologized. We just payed and left we were not happy at all with management.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

With this beautiful fall weather, Olive Garden was our choice for lunch. Endless soup and salad sounded great. The salad and breadsticks were tasty. Sadly, the soup was watery and flavorless. I tried 3 bowls. None of them were good. Service was ok.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

My Wife and I were in Visalia, CA last Tuesday night with Family and met up with my Brothers at the Olive Garden (i know, but i didn't pick the place) for a late dinner. I went in with an open mind because I know you can get some food that does taste good, to average. We did not have reservations so we knew they would be getting us in late. Arrived around 6pm and placed my name on the list and were informed it would be around 45 minutes. Lots of people here waiting, with large groups ... as ours is a total of 8. They paged our devise about an hour and 10 minutes later ... no fault of theirs, sometimes you just don't know how long it will take. This is the only Olive Garden in the entire County.
They placed us at a long table with bench seating on one side and chairs on the other. They split the group in half for ordering, which makes it real easy. This I like. Our Server is Daniel and he took our drink orders while we looked a the menu. My Wife decided on an appetizer, the 'Five Italian Cheese Fonduta' ($10.29); Oven-Baked Smoked Provolone, Parmesan, Fontina, Mozzarella & Romano Cheeses. I am going with the 'Chicken Marsala' ($19.29); Sauteed Chicken Breast in a Savory Sauce of Mushrooms, Garlic & Marsala Wine. Served with a Blend of Roasted Potatoes.
Not sure what everyone else ordered, but they brought out the Bread Sticks for all and also the Salads for those that requested it with their order. The Salad is in a big bowl and you scoop out what you want. I did, and should of put it back. The lettuce was weak and old, not cold, some had brown spots, but the rest of the salad was okay. I did not see anyone eat all of their salad plate. They had Two Bread Stick Baskets and only Two Bread Sticks were taken and tried by four of us (not me) ... and there were some of the two sticks left. Was told they were a little old and dry.
Soon the food arrived and some of it looks pretty good. My Wife and I are sharing what we ordered and the 'Five Italian Cheese Fonduta' was a little burnt and very oily with the cheese kind of bland, with some of the Bread burnt on the edges. The ones that were not burnt were pretty good, but the Cheese Fonduta had little taste, except for the Burnt Seasoning Taste they use ... it sure tasted like it to me. My 'Chicken Marsala' chicken part was dry and a burnt taste to the sauteed topping. The part that was pretty good were the Mashed Potatoes. They were presented in a way I have not seen and at first did not know what it was, but it tasted pretty good. The rest of the plate was basically tasteless, except for the burnt parts.
The Service was not very good. We had empty dishes on our table up until we left. They did not remove any of them until we were about to leave, and it was to make room for us to sign the bill. This is just one more reason why we do not go to the Olive Garden. Doesn't matter where one is, you just don't know what you are going to get. Most of the time, the food will taste good, but their prices are ridiculously high for what you get on your plate. The Staff here are really nice people and the place is decorated really cool. Nicely done.
You can check them out, but don't ... sometimes you can actually get a decent meal, but not this time.
It was great having dinner with both my Brothers and my Little Brothers Family ... and their is nothing little about them ... all are Big Boys now.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We had coupons for the all to eat salad and soup.
The salad was good as always. Sometimes there is not enough dressing to cover the lettuce but our server brought out extra. It doesn't take much extra to make it TOO much. For 2 people it needs more than just 1 pepper.
The minestrone was good but the Zuppa was watered down and was still tasty but very runny. Even on the second go around.
Will eat here again with a lunch coupon.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!