“Good Family Steak House”

Original Roadhouse Grill
Ranked #23 of 204 Restaurants in Victorville
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Description: Original Roadhouse Grill features an authentic roadhouse menu and a down-home, fun lovin' atmosphere. You'll find peanuts served in buckets and peanut shells on the floor. Country music, classic rock and blues can be heard coming out of our jukebox. Bring in the whole family and crew in for a fun and delicious experience at an All American Steakhouse. Our signature rolls and mouth watering food cooked on our open-flame grill will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed 14 December 2016

This chain claims to be the "original" roadhouse, They look a lot like a Texas Roadhouse and the menu is similar. The non-steak side of the menu is broader than Texas Roadhouse and the atmosphere is quieter (Texas Roadhouse is too loud for me.) They also have bison steaks. I was very pleased with the quality of the food and the price.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

I was hungry and had been wanting to try The Original Roadhouse. I've tried it and won't be coming back. The atmosphere felt heavy. Lots of diners but it was eerily heavy. There were a few large families dining, but the louder bunch left.
We were greeted warmly and it was down hill from there. When I asked the server what she recommended to drink, she said the "most popular is the hillbilly punch", that didn't answer my question. She brought our meal and I wasn't impressed; the green beans seemed to be cooked and then sautéed to warm. Everything was overly seasoned with salt and garlic salt, my 6 oz bacon wrapped filet was almost rare when I asked for medium rare. If I hadn't asked for it, I wouldn't have noticed the bacon. Both bacon and mushrooms were black, but not burnt. My friend ordered a Cajun chicken sandwich and the only seasoning was seasoning salt, there was no Cajun spice. The server took my plate quickly, but did ask if I wanted a box? I said no. I was munching on my friends fries and she took his plate abruptly and said she would bring the check. I gave her my bank card and she came back a few minutes later and said the credit card machine was rebooting. "Huh?" I'd never heard that one in a restaurant during dinner time. We waited at least 30 min. before she brought my receipt.
Something told me to go to Outback. Now, I listen to myself more.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

We visited this restaurant on two occasions while on vacation from N.Ireland and we found the food and service of excellent quality, however it was the helpful advice we receive from Keith that really impressed us, Keith went above and beyond the call of duty when we needed some help and assistance with hotel locations and an issue with locking our car.... this was very much appreciated.. thank you

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Food was just okay, service same, difficult to be impressed with a restaurant in any respect when there is a screeching 1-2 yr old a few tables away whose parents seemingly had no courtesy to other diners & did not once take the child outside when she screeched & screamed almost continuously throughout our meal which we ate as fast as we could to get out of there. Why the manager did not go to the table & ask the customers to take their child outside until she calmed down, is a mystery. If the customer is that clueless, it is the manager's responsibility to be courteous to the many other diners in the restaurant & take charge of the situation. Manager could have gone to table, requested child be removed from room & offered to box up their meal to go, once it was apparent that this child/child's parents could not get the situation under control. It was clear that all of the diners in the entire restaurant were affected, by the many, many dirty looks sent to that table from all of the occupied tables around. This was not a once or twice issue, this was literally 15-20 times within a 45 minute period of high pitched, angry screeching & screaming. Sure, once or twice, as the manager you wait to see if the parents are going to do what is right & take the child outside, but after the 3rd, 5th, 10th!! time, still NO ACTION from management??? SERIOUSLY???
Very poor managing in all respects, by the restaurant & the parents.
Terrible.
At least the rolls were good, as always!

Reviewed 17 August 2016

We’ve had better, we’ve had worse. The staff was friendly. Service was a bit slow, my steak was over cooked, and I did not receive correct sides. Other orders in the party were processed correctly. The food was just OK. No one walked out going “wow, that was a good meal”. It was certainly over priced for what you get. Interesting décor, but that did not make up for the lackluster meal.