“Exciting but can improve with time”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #22 of 206 Restaurants in Victorville
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Ok, in reading the reviews, I agree with them. The area where the place is located, is windy, and sandy. Unless it is a HOT day and you can sit on the porch, the wait area is totally inadequate. On a Thursday evening around 4pm, it was a 20 min wait, that turned into 45 minutes, with us squeezed between tables of items that could be broken. There were a lot of older people standing waiting and you could see they were uncomfortable. And it was way too cold and windy to be outside. The register at the door, then wait at the entrance to the eating area is confusing, and several patrons complaining, about being called and then still having to wait again.
There was one small bench to sit on. Its a confusing clutter situation for the patron. Then a manager with a huge box, pushed his way out of the dining area into the waiting area, running into patrons. Rude. That same manager, was at the register and refused to provide a guest with a LARGE bag to put a purchase in that was about 200.00. Again RUDE. The traveler said he would never visit the site again. Also, when you have to go box, you have to wait in line to PAY, before they give you a bag for your food, now if you have 4-5 or more containers, and are squeezing into pay, its not GOOD. I had chicken and dumplings, they were good, but a smaller portion than the one I got in Indiana. The meatloaf wasn't as good as we remembered. The service in the eating area was GREAT. The pay line was terrible. Long and slow. Need two areas to pay. Need more cashiers, more sitting area, and tables not so close together. The place should have been designed on a larger scale, enough desert to have made it larger. I'll visit again, but, not to buy trinkets. Get Seats for the older and disabled population that lives in the High Desert and the Vegas people who stop. Give the people bags at their tables for their carry out. And talk to that Rude Manager, Male

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank 1mountainwoman

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Everyone raves about Cracker Barrel. I had never been to one. The first one in California happened to open up in my hometown! I waited until I thought things had settled downa d took my aunt there for lunch on a Thursday. We got there at 11 am and the parking lot was crazy full!!! Dropped her off and took forever to find a spot to park way far away. The wait was 1 hour for a table!!! (My aunt said they tried to go on a Saturday night and it was a 3 hour wait!!! They left...ha!). We shopped while we waited. They do have nice things and we both bought some items. The isles are VERY small and crowded though so it makes it hard to shop for everyone. Then we go to check out and no one was there, so while my aunt was checking out I decided to run back and grab 2 other things I saw. I wasn't gone 2 minutes, came back and the check out line was a mile long!!!!! I had no idea that when you are done eating you have to get in that same line to pay for your food!!!! And the line is in the shopping area, the entrance to the food area and the waiting area for a table!!!! It's a mess! People are standing everywhere. I think it's a safety issue. If a fire broke out, so many would be trampled and stuck! We tried to find a corner where we could wait for our name to be called and stay out of the way. Our name was called and we go to the hostest stand, by the line and the entrance to the restaurant, and they tell us to keep standing there until someone comes to get us. There's at least 10 other people waiting right there, too, The area is clogged with people!!!! We wait almost 10 minutes to go to our table. The waitress was very nice. I really didn't think the menu looked all that great and ended up ordering pecan catfish (it was only 1 piece of fish. Usually I get 2 when I order catfish at other places) along with chicken and dumplings to go. My aunt got the Haddock fish. The food was decent but nothing to rave about in my opinion. I ordered apple dumpling for dessert and it was really huge and delicious. Then we got to stand in line, yet again, to apy for our meal. The next day I ate the chicken and dumplings and it really wasn't very good. With all that said, I would never wait more than 20 minutes to go there again. Especially since I've already done the crowded shopping deal. The food just isn't worth the wait to me. In fact, I probably own't go there again unless I'm with someone who really wants to go. I really do not see why everyone is always going on about this place. There are far better oragnized places with far better food to go in the area than here.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This one is one of the newest in CA...and it didn’t disappoint. Went for dinner and food and service was excellent. The place was packed on a Thursday night...long waiting time...lots of locals and travelers on I-15. Lower prices and quality food is a great combination. Need more of these all up and down the West Coast!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 February 2018

I don't think there is enough parking for the popularity of this restaurant, but that may change once it's "brand spankin' shiny newness" winds down. You enter through the gift shop. You give your name and are told that when they call your name, you walk over to another area to be seated. We went at 11am on a Thursday to avoid the 12pm to 2pm lunch rush, no such luck. The store was full of people and the restaurant too. When you are given your check, you come out of the restaurant and over to the same counter in the store where you purchase all the souvenir stuff you wanted while you were waiting to get into the restaurant. I have noooo idea how they are going to prevent dining and dashing!!!! The food came within a reasonable time. I ordered the rainbow trout with 2 pieces of fish and my sides were, cheese grits, turnip greens and hashbrown casserole. The trout was very good, I liked the grits and I have never had turnip greens. The greens tasted just okay to me, they were greasy without having any bacon pieces in them. The hashbrown casserole was quite dry and I make a better one. This is the first time I have ever been to one of these restaurants. Overall the food was adequate. We drove 45 minutes up from Riverside to try out this place. If I come again, I think I'll try the meatloaf.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

So cracker barrel is my all yimr favorite place!! Eat great southern home cooking and shop afterwards in a store thats priced just right, where there is somthing for everybody! Literally men women grandma! Kids.. That neighbor you hate!! Its wondeful to me.. So its no suprise when one finally! Opend in victorville i was there opening day! And i wasnt let down! Yes there was a wait! But, i shopped! While i waited and tben shopped again!! The staff in my experience is always great..