“The Best Ribs Around”

Fat Ivor's Rib Rack
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 February 2015

We love Fat Ivor's, it is definitely the best around. They also have great BBQ sandwiches and beers on tap. We talk to people who come a long way to eat here and we are just minutes away and everyone says it is the best too.

The atmosphere is rustic cowboy with tons of John Wayne photos and memorabilia around.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Fat Ivor's IS Valley Center - and has had a resurgence in popularity - while other restaurants (Jags, Eagle's Nest) seem to have difficulty hanging on. Good burgers, ribs are a staple, and they do know how to grill a steak. Can get crowded on Fridays - where the locals seem to enjoy winding down. We go at least every other week after a local soccer game or other event - never disappointed.

1  Thank Dale B
Reviewed 18 February 2015

Since I live here, I have been eating at Fat Ivors for over 30 years. The steaks are the best!!! Love the down home atmosphere there as well. Worth the drive if you are anywhere near Valley Center or as an alternative to eating at the casino.

Reviewed 13 February 2015 via mobile

Locals eat here because it is good. When we are in the area we stop for the ribs. They are awesome. BLT for lunch is highly recommended. You can't go away hungry.

Reviewed 26 January 2015

I had the fortunate opportunity to live in Valey Center for 4 years while my son attended High School there. Fat Ivors is a focal point for locals to gather, visit and eat some of the best ribs around. I always get the all you can eat beef ribs with slaw and beans. My wife prefers the Baby Backs. If you are a John Wayne fan you will love it there, the Duke is everywhere. It is a locally owned restaurant, I have met the owner many times who is quite gracious and always ask the patrons (whether local or not) how yhey are doing and if their food is fine. I had the unfortunate experience to have been living their when it burned down. It took a while to rebuild, but when it did it was just as before.
The BBQ is excellent, old fashioned and delicious. Locals are not the only people who frequent this establishment. Desert rats(me being one of them) stop on there way home fro Ocotiilo Wells or Borego Springs going back to suburbia San Diego.
This is truly a great family restaurant.