“Keep looking!!!”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Upland
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

When you look at the pictures, it doesn't look terrible. You check in and the front desk woman is not so inviting. We get checked in and get to the room, it's the wrong type of room we booked. Check into the correct room and it smells like smoke!!! ( says it's a non smoking room). The comforter had a cigarette burn hole and the tub had hair in it! The room is super dated and definitely needs updating. When it drops into the evening, the parking lot is one ghetto area with the residents that stay there. This is not nice Upland we were accustomed too. So disappointed.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jdcontreras23

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

I needed a place to stay a couple of nights so I chose this hotel. Upon getting dropped off I realized I had made a terrible mistake. This isn't a hotel it appears that people actually live there. People were outside with a full size BBQ grill. I felt like I had been left in a very bad environment. No problem I'll have to deal with it. So now the good part! As I was laying on the bed watching tv I felt something kinda felt like a fly landed on me I swiped the top of my head and a cockroach jumped off my head!! I tried to call the front office but the phone didn't work. So I went down to the office where I was given another room. I went to check it out and returned because it was a smoking room even tho she said it wasn't. I finally got a room and ended up staying one night and getting a refund for the remaining night I had paid for. If you like sleeping with roaches and the constant smell of marijuana this place is for you. I don't recommend this place to anybody

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank mygalchris
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Nice place to relax and sleep....parking lot be careful not for children...alot of people selling stuff in parking lot. ....but rooms are great and comfortable.....also make sure door are locked on car or if you have alarm arm it....nice for adults

Room Tip: Stay in your room...at night.....
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2015

This hotel is not well kept. It was clean but old. The bathtub was chipping, the sink was blocked. It is an ok hotel for a night ( we stay when we go to Margaritta Rocks) there are people who live there that are not friendly. Staff was nice and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Front of building is clean, front desk personnel are very friendly. Room was clean, though dated. We were on the second floor and the room shook every time any walked by our room. Several of the steps up to the second floor were loose and the balcony walkway looked as if it would give way and fall. Screen to our window was bent and half out of the window frame. Remote for TV only worked for changing channels. To change the volume, you needed to adjust it from the TV itself. No worries, ladies, about getting your hair wet on shampoo skip days, the shower head is chest level. The a/c unit is loud and never shuts off. It does not regulate the temperature, just constantly blows cold air. All that being said, we were only staying their one night to be near the hospital for an early morning procedure, so we were not expecting or needing anything fancy. Definitely wouldn't stay there otherwise.

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank Frank B

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland? Share your experiences!