“Mr Bobby McKinney”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Upland
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

I needed a place to stay a couple of nights so I chose this hotel. Upon getting dropped off I realized I had made a terrible mistake. This isn't a hotel it appears that people actually live there. People were outside with a full size BBQ grill. I felt like I had been left in a very bad environment. No problem I'll have to deal with it. So now the good part! As I was laying on the bed watching tv I felt something kinda felt like a fly landed on me I swiped the top of my head and a cockroach jumped off my head!! I tried to call the front office but the phone didn't work. So I went down to the office where I was given another room. I went to check it out and returned because it was a smoking room even tho she said it wasn't. I finally got a room and ended up staying one night and getting a refund for the remaining night I had paid for. If you like sleeping with roaches and the constant smell of marijuana this place is for you. I don't recommend this place to anybody

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank mygalchris

Reviewed 29 February 2016

Nice place to relax and sleep....parking lot be careful not for children...alot of people selling stuff in parking lot. ....but rooms are great and comfortable.....also make sure door are locked on car or if you have alarm arm it....nice for adults

Room Tip: Stay in your room...at night.....
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2015

This hotel is not well kept. It was clean but old. The bathtub was chipping, the sink was blocked. It is an ok hotel for a night ( we stay when we go to Margaritta Rocks) there are people who live there that are not friendly. Staff was nice and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Front of building is clean, front desk personnel are very friendly. Room was clean, though dated. We were on the second floor and the room shook every time any walked by our room. Several of the steps up to the second floor were loose and the balcony walkway looked as if it would give way and fall. Screen to our window was bent and half out of the window frame. Remote for TV only worked for changing channels. To change the volume, you needed to adjust it from the TV itself. No worries, ladies, about getting your hair wet on shampoo skip days, the shower head is chest level. The a/c unit is loud and never shuts off. It does not regulate the temperature, just constantly blows cold air. All that being said, we were only staying their one night to be near the hospital for an early morning procedure, so we were not expecting or needing anything fancy. Definitely wouldn't stay there otherwise.

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank Frank B
Reviewed 15 April 2015

stayed out of convenience. staff was nice but rooms are not maintained. people live there all year round. sheets where stained, toilet seats old. had to ask for clean sheets not sure they even change them when quest check out. we had an event going on in Upland for the kids so 2 other of my brothers stayed here. one of my brothers found bed bugs and had to be moved to a different room at midnight. refrigerator was sticky. over all bad experience. the kids wanted to swim but i was afraid to let them go in that pool. we do not plan on staying there again. if rthe place was kept up the way the lobby is, it would be a great hotel. owner needs to spend the money on upgrades. i think he is more worried about making his money off of renters and doesnt really care about travelers. i'm sure he knows travelers will get scared off and doesnt have to deal with them again.

Room Tip: corner suits are larger but not worth the stay
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Nancy D

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland? Share your experiences!