See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2015

The proximity to Vinces is the only thing it has going for it! Do not be fooled. People staying here LIVE there and have no respect for those staying the night. I got no sleep due to my neighbor blasting her TV from 2:15am onward. The front desk was of little help and were even lacking pillows. Nothing in the room worked - the TVs appeared to have cable hookups but the whole thing was a mess. As others mentioned, we got to our first room but were hit with the wave of leftover nicotine, so immediately requested another room. The hot tub should be called the "lukewarm tub." This place is unsafe for families. Aside from the glares you get from the regular tenants, I witnessed a drug deal. Breakfast was little more than bad fruit. I thought others were exaggerating in their posts or just being critical. If anything, they were being kind. There are safer options in Claremont or next to Ontario Mills. Don't make the same mistake that I did.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank MikeShinn
Reviewed 29 November 2014

We selected this hotel on-line due to price and proximity to where a relative has just moved. The location is good, on a "main drag" with relatively easy access to I-210 or I-10. There is plenty of parking, with the large lot creating a courtyard effect. Most of the rooms are set pretty far back from the road, which is nice, but this is definitely a roadside hotel, with no elevator to 2nd floor rooms, outdoor halls, and limited sound proofing between rooms. The property appears to be barely maintained, though maintenance was most responsive when I called because of problems with the lights between the two beds. The problem was solved in a few minutes. The pool & spa are fenced off, in a location where one cannot see the road. I enjoyed sitting around the pool to read, but would never swim in it because the water did not look clean. I did see some children swim. A continental breakfast if offered, with coffee, juice, a few pastries, apples & bananas. Desk staff is young & friendly.

Room Tip: First floor if you have a lot to carry. No elevator. Get in buidings in back of main entrance.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2014

The bathroom is in desperate need of a remodel - 20+ years of patch jobs are really showing. The room was stuffy and no ventilation. The continental breakfast was a joke - in ripe fruit, watery coffee, pastries in plastic and fake OJ. Then the worst part was the horrible customer service - I don't think we even got a hello. We requested rooms close to each other and the response was you get what the computer gives us... Not an ounce of friendliness.

• Stayed: November 2014
1  Thank Noellarella
Reviewed 8 October 2014

It was awful. The lobby was nice but when you round the corner, I was afraid. We arrived late, around 9:15 pm. Many people were out and about and I'm sure many live there. I would not even be surprised if they rented rooms by the hour. We had left the bathroom door open all night and when I closed in the morning (to not wake my husband) to take a shower, there were boxer shorts hanging on the back of door. GROSS!!!! I should have taken warning from other reviews, but there were some glowing reviews also. Room looked dirty, paint peeling all over bathroom.

Room Tip: Be as close to front as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2014

An absolutly awful place to stay! Nasty! There are people who live here! We were able to show our children a drug deal! A john yelling at his girl, and a meth head. Super awful! The place was in bad shape. The door in thd bathroom had been kicked in and was broken/split in half so badly it would not close. There was a gap in the main door that allowed smoke to drift in. The vent hangs from the bathroom. The tub does not drain. The screens are all busted from being broken into. Avoid this place!!!!!!! The only positive I can say about this place is..... We were not murdered in our sleep!

• Stayed: October 2014