See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We had to stop here on our way to Yosemite because the road we were traveling was closed due to fire. Very good clean motel, nice friendly owner, brand new bathroom. Since we couldn't go to the park, we stayed here two days.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank GhostsInTranslation
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I called at 7:17 am and had to cancel I called and they said no cancellation I was not told that when I called I did call withing 2 hr. and they would not cancel now they charged me over $387.00 now exceptions I am a Senior on a fixed income and I think this is not a way to run a hotel. I contacted my credit card and if they cant help I will go to the T.V to help this is shameful DO NOT GOT TO THE EL DORADO MOTEL

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

we made plans in April to go see San Francisco and then Yosemite Nat Park and stay at El Dorado Motel in Twain Harte the date for san fran was July 22 leaving there and staying July 25 for 2 days to go to Yosemite. We thought that the fires would be contained since we wanted to see Yosemite for the first time> Its on our bucket list being retired and on a fixed income and health issues with oxygen tanks. I called the El Dorado Motel on Monday July 23 to tell them that there was no way we could stay that close to the smoke They SAID MONEY WAS NON REFUNDABLE. OUR HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN STAYING SOMEWHERE THIS APPAWLING THAT THEY THINK THEY NEED THE MONEY MORE THAN THERE CUSTOMERS HEALTH>> SHAME ON YOU/ I see that Yosemite closed July 25 the whole park and thought It would reopen July 29 do to Smokey conditions and POOR AIR QUIALITY. Would NEVER RECOMEMD THIS PLACE EVER>>>>> I read that the park was still close as of AUGUST 3

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Helen Carol L
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I had booked a room via Booking.com and paid for it fully. But then Yosemite Park got closed due to the fire. When I called the hotel asking for a refund, Matt, at the front desk stated that they don’t offer refunds unless it’s an extreme case which this is, he said! However since I made the reservation through he stated that only Booking.com can offer the refund!

When I called Booking.com they called the hotel and informed me that the owners are refusing to offer me a refund and that Matt admitted that he misinformed me!!!!!!!!

I had also emailed the hotel for a refund and my request was denied!!!!

DON’T SPEND YOUR MONEY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We stay here quite a few times a year. Bishop is our perfect go to place for a quick get away and this Motel is awesome. We picked it because we never travel without our dogs and this place is super dog friendly. But even if we didn't have dogs, we'd still stay here. It's awesome!

Date of stay: March 2018