“The quality of the fish better than the "others" across the street”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Uoko Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #139 of 297 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 September 2016

LOL...the quality of the fish and variety is better than the "other" business near by, offering all-you-can-eat menu. I also like the personalize service and quietness of the locale. Take your time to look at the menu and ask for the daily specials.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Introduced by my wife who has been dining here for quite a very while. Came here for lunch. Ordered the normal Japanese dish which I could eat--no raw stuffs (but from the people who ate them during my visit here, those were good). Recommended.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

My family has been going to Uoko for over 20 years and we have always enjoyed it but this last time wasn't up to par. The décor and furniture hasn't changed a bit. The cushions they put on the booth benches are flattened and worn and don't offer much padding at all anymore. The service is still fast and friendly. The food was still pretty good but I ordered the salmon teriyaki and it looked like a frozen salmon steak with the pre-made grill marks on it. The flavor was non-existent and the texture wasn't that of normal salmon. My husband had the chicken teriyaki combo and said it was very good. My son ordered sushi rolls which are always good! Overall, the service is still good, the food has slipped a little bit, but the décor is badly in need of some TLC.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Our friends took us to dinner at Uoko this evening. It was absolutely amazing. You name it, the sushi chef will make it. I was introduced to some sushi I have never had and I have been eating sushi for years. The monkfish liver is fantastic as are the Japanese scallops. My wife does not eat fish and got an udon dish and I have never tasted such delicately flavored udon. They have Japanese beer on draught. The sushi chef produces works of art. The service was outstanding. Can't wait until I visit Tustin next year!

Reviewed 20 October 2015

My sons and I went here for dinner and the service was quick and friendly. One son had sushi which he liked very much and he is accustomed to eating high quality sushi. My other son and I had the teriyaki chicken and beef, plus some tempura. We both liked our dinners too. I felt the prices were reasonable for the food quality also.