“Best Combination of Cost and Quality in Turlock”

Vito's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #38 of 189 Restaurants in Turlock
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2016

My wife and I go to Vito's every month or two. It's the best combination of cost and quality in Turlock. We try to go on Wednesday, when wine is 50% off, which means we can buy a bottle of Rambauer for a tad less than they charge for it at Raley's. We like the food and the service. It's a limited menu, to be sure, but the prices are reasonable.

The chef went out of his way for our adult son, who is a vegan. (Some waiters and chefs don't even know what that means.)The chef stuffed a 5-inch mushroom cap with chopped tomatoes and some other stuff, drizzled on some olive oil and baked it. Our son said it belonged on his list of 10 best dishes he's ever had from chefs who did something special for him.

We usually go as a couple, but we see lots of families there.

Dinner for two, with salads, a bottle of wine, no dessert and a tip usually runs $50 - $80. That's mid-range for me, but my wife is a retired physician and I'm a retired software engineer. If "mid-range" for you is Denny's, this is going to be expensive.

We've been married for 40 years but still hold hands, so anything above McDonald's is "romantic" for us. We saw a lot of prom couples there last May, so the younger set must approve of it.

No dress code - I rarely see a tie, sometimes jeans and a tee-shirt, but usually Dockers and a sport shirt or dress shirt with no tie.

They have pizza, but it's more of an Italian restaurant than a pizzeria.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I went here for my 21st birthday. The food wasn't anything special and our server wasn't very good. She never smiled or seemed happy.. It was supposed to be a happy time and she made it really awkward. There were eight of us, and three of us got the wrong dishes. We always had to ask for refills because she would disappear even though we were her only table. It was kind of a bummer.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Had reason to go to Modesto this last Saturday. Have been to Vito'd dozens of times, this stop decided to try the Seafood Raviolis, absolutely amazing. If you haven't eaten here, you are missing out

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed with the service and food. Rushing us, attempting to take plates before finished and the food was undercooked. Ordered a medium sirloin came rare and cold sent it back came back same way with sauce over it. Needless to say we won't be returning.

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

The food is always amazing , service always great! The bread is the best, can't have just one piece. The kitchen is out in front so you can see them making the food which means they are very clean. If you want real pasta dishes then this is your place. Brick oven pizza is ok. The fish and filet are very good. Great place to take your family.