“Mediocre”

Fuji Sushi
Ranked #116 of 189 Restaurants in Turlock
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 April 2016

This place is in a good location with plenty of parking. The food isn't that good, but I did just recently try their cooked salmon roll (I can't believe I forgot the name of it I seriously eat sushi all the time!) and it was absolutely delicious. However, it was the one time I actually liked their food. My business colleagues like it so we go there but it just isn't great. The customer service is ok. It smells strongly of fish in there sometimes an that's kind of a turn off for me.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

We came here for a birthday dinner and loved it! Now we have found ourselves coming every weekend since! The staff is great and the food is even better! I love how close it is to our apartment too!

Reviewed 20 February 2016

This restaurant is only a few miles from where I live and I have been here several times. Most people who live in town get their sushi take out here because it is inexpensive compared to other sushi restaurants in the area. For Sushi foodies, this is a bargain priced location. To give you an idea, my wife and I get appetizers and usually spend less than $25. On a weekend, there is usually a handful of people waiting at the door for their takeout.
They do a brisk business and the food is fresh as a result of their volume. For this visit, I actually dined in. Their unique menu item is an appetizer: crispy spicy tuna or salmon. This is sushi meat, jalapeno peppers, and cream cheese, fried in a crispy coating. These puffs are served with sauce. One simply must try these little puffs.
I added a Philly roll and some miso.
There were only two servers working the floor and I was thinking, "We'll be here a while." Our server took our order promptly and, despite the crowded dining room, served us in a timely fashion. The food was fresh and the flavors were well done.
This is a bargain priced sushi bar with good fresh food. It lacks refinement, complete with the stark lighting and wide open dining area. It is, however, satisfactorily clean, the staff is polite and the food is fresh.
Everyone knows that sushi does not travel well. This place can really do take out, and I recommended them. If you want a satisfying experience, order take out on their website and enjoy.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

We decided to go here for lunch one day and instead of getting sushi (our first mistake) we got bento boxes: the salmon and chicken ones (second mistake). The salmon was old, dry, and couldn't take more than two bites. The chicken I ate maybe 1/4 of before I couldn't handle the taste anymore. The salads weren't all that great either, we both ate less than half the tiny salad. The rice was watery and overcooked, but it was about the only thing I ate in the bento box. The California rolls that were provided were alright.
The service was fine, the waitress asked once if we were fine and needed boxes, she was friendly about it. When she checked us out she did ask if the food was okay because she noticed we had ate almost nothing, we simply told her no boxes, paid and left.
I would only "try" this place again if I ordered sushi and someone forced me to go.

Reviewed 16 April 2015

I was greeted with a warm welcome and seated quickly. To my surprize, I was given a complimentary serving of Edamame which I was grateful for, however, it was over cooked and had an unusual off flavor. I feel terrible making a unfavorable comment on a FREE item. I was glad that I didn't pay for it because I would have been disappointed.
The food was just okay, but what really bothered me was that there was a little kid behind the counter with the chef as he was preparing my roll. The kids face was just inches away from my meal as it was being prepared. I'm just glad that he didn't have a cold or sneezing. The service was good and the people were friendly.

Been to Fuji Sushi? Share your experiences!