“The Mouse that Roared!”

Add it.
Chong's Cuisine
Ranked #27 of 186 Restaurants in Turlock
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Serves Thai and Chinese. Located next to Food Maxx.
Description: Serves Thai and Chinese. Located next to Food Maxx.
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Chong's is a tiny restaurant, hence the unusual title of this review. It roars, however, when it comes to delicious food in large quantities. I began the meal with a coconut milk soup appetizer which was better than I've ever had before in any Asian restaurant. It only got better from there. Their Calamari Volcano main course and avocado spring rolls were to die for because they tasted so good! I will return to this little jewel of a restaurant everytime I'm in the Modesto/Turlock area. They appear to do a large take-out business, so the locals apparently also know where to get the best Chinese and Thai food in the area.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

One thing I love about Chong's is that they have pork steamed buns! I used to drive to Fresno for those! I always go t Chong's when I'm craving some quick and delicious Chinese.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

If you are in the mood for soups, the hot & sour, sizzling rice, and Tom ka gai are all exceptional, and while we haven't tried Chong's phos yet, we have watched and heard many other diners exclaim over them.

Main dishes are extraordinary here from the pad prik king (green beans and your choice of meat on chili paste) to Panang Curry, volcano fish, and a plethora of Chinese dishes too.

We have been eating here at least monthly for the past 4-5 years, and have NEVER had less than excellent food and service!

Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

A favorite of our family! The food is always fresh and delicious. We eat here often and have never been disappointed. The staff are friendly and always consistent!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Chongs used to be the best kept secret favorite restaurant for my wife and me. Now I go there and see generations of people I passed the secret to who passed the secret to who...
Everything on the menu is worth sampling but we always come back to Thai. Curry's are all great, pad Thai & other noodles, and if you're feeling a cold coming on go there for the pho. Just like mother recommends. The service is always present and friendly. You will enjoy.