“Ok place good value”
Review of Quality Inn Tulare

Quality Inn Tulare
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Hotel is conveniently located. Area has many restaurants and stores. We stayed two separate times paid $100 first time and $85 second time. Hotel room was clean both times. There is a refridge with a freezer and small microwave in room. Good wifi and free breakfast as in other Choice brand hotels. Staff was friendly and professional. The first room had two flaws toilet ran and ran and AC was noisier than average. Second room AC good but bathroom fan didn't work and bathroom had slight smell of cigar. As other reviewers have noted although a total non smoking place (banned by law) the rule of NO SMOKING of anything needs to be better enforced. Other things like loose trim in hallway show the management needs to step up maintenance a bit. Would I stay again? Yes. The issues aren't serious enough for me to avoid the place. Will I check out other hotels in the area first? Yes.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Clean and comfortable room,nice and quite A/C and decent breakfast. It worth what you paid for and will stay again.
Location close to highway and next to Tulare outlet mall and many food choices nearby.
A very good stopover when planning a trip to Kings canyon and Sequoia national park.

Room Tip: Rooms with window facing outlet mall parking
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 September 2017

Dear Robert,
Thank you for taking time to write a good review. We really appreciate it!Thanks again and will see you soon in near future!

Nayana Mehta
Quality Inn,Tulare, CA

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Third floor stank horribly of cigarettes/booze, as did our room. Floor was very dirty and the spa pool was the dirtiest I have ever seen. The sofa bed was lumpy and the staff unfriendly. I wouldnt recommend anyone stay here unless they are desperate

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We stayed one evening in the past week while home searching for a home in the area. The only positive was that the reception staff were pleasant. The room was drab - but beyond that the cockroaches in the bathroom I killed were too much...

On arrival I immediately smelled marijuana in the hall. I mentioned it to the lady/young woman at the desk that evening. Nothing changed. It was present all evening and residual the next morning.

The next morning we hoped for a good breakfast only to find that there MANY more rooms in the hotel and guests than they begin to have seating for. Someone was nice enough to get up and let me elderly Father sit down. I took my breakfast and sat down in chair in the lobby.

Even worse - I replied to an online "review" email I received. I thought that would garner a reply from the hotel. Nope. Nothing....so i called Expedia....they reached out to the hotel and the manager, supervisor or? Nina said there was "Nothing that could do at this point and wondered why I did not complain before?" Well, I did. Nothing happened. I commented by review. Nothing happened.

No stay again....for sure. Not recommended to anyone until they totally rehab the hotel and change operations.

Room Tip: Choose elsewehere
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking time to write a review.We will make sure that we make your stay more comfortable next time if you plan to stay with us in future.
We are sorry for any inconvenience!

Manager
Quality Inn

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

As we pulled up to the hotel there was one person digging in the front trash can and another person in the dumpster pulling out empty bottles and cans. Also, when we went to get into our car to leave for dinner a homeless person started yelling at us for backing out of our parking spot. We could not get over the amount of homeless people in and around the town of Tulare. This is not the hotel's fault, however I do want to mention this because you might want to take this into account due to the area that this hotel is located. It is extremely convenient to the outlet mall if that is your desire. The hotel itself looks very nice from the outside. And we had no complaints about the room whatsoever. The air-conditioner blew very cold, the water was very hot, and the room extremely clean. Our only complaint about the hotel itself is that with the amount of no smoking signs and the no smoking reminders we found it shocking that the third floor hallways reek of cigarette smoke! The smell was so strong that we would hold our breath from the elevator to our hotel room. If you can get past the amount of homeless people and the cigarette smells then this would be a good hotel for you. We found it suitable for the one night we stayed there, but we would most likely not return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
0.1 km away
12.3 km away
Wyndham Visalia
Wyndham Visalia
#2 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Quality Inn Tulare? Share your experiences!