“All Around Disappointment”
Review of Quality Inn Tulare

Quality Inn Tulare
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We stayed one evening in the past week while home searching for a home in the area. The only positive was that the reception staff were pleasant. The room was drab - but beyond that the cockroaches in the bathroom I killed were too much...

On arrival I immediately smelled marijuana in the hall. I mentioned it to the lady/young woman at the desk that evening. Nothing changed. It was present all evening and residual the next morning.

The next morning we hoped for a good breakfast only to find that there MANY more rooms in the hotel and guests than they begin to have seating for. Someone was nice enough to get up and let me elderly Father sit down. I took my breakfast and sat down in chair in the lobby.

Even worse - I replied to an online "review" email I received. I thought that would garner a reply from the hotel. Nope. Nothing....so i called Expedia....they reached out to the hotel and the manager, supervisor or? Nina said there was "Nothing that could do at this point and wondered why I did not complain before?" Well, I did. Nothing happened. I commented by review. Nothing happened.

No stay again....for sure. Not recommended to anyone until they totally rehab the hotel and change operations.

Room Tip: Choose elsewehere
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking time to write a review.We will make sure that we make your stay more comfortable next time if you plan to stay with us in future.
We are sorry for any inconvenience!

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

As we pulled up to the hotel there was one person digging in the front trash can and another person in the dumpster pulling out empty bottles and cans. Also, when we went to get into our car to leave for dinner a homeless person started yelling at us for backing out of our parking spot. We could not get over the amount of homeless people in and around the town of Tulare. This is not the hotel's fault, however I do want to mention this because you might want to take this into account due to the area that this hotel is located. It is extremely convenient to the outlet mall if that is your desire. The hotel itself looks very nice from the outside. And we had no complaints about the room whatsoever. The air-conditioner blew very cold, the water was very hot, and the room extremely clean. Our only complaint about the hotel itself is that with the amount of no smoking signs and the no smoking reminders we found it shocking that the third floor hallways reek of cigarette smoke! The smell was so strong that we would hold our breath from the elevator to our hotel room. If you can get past the amount of homeless people and the cigarette smells then this would be a good hotel for you. We found it suitable for the one night we stayed there, but we would most likely not return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Great place to stay! Centrally located to shopping & short drive to Visalia. Nice, clean & comfy rooms. Great breakfast selections. Friendly staff. Will stay here on next visit or when passing through.

Room Tip: A little noise on ground floor from hallways & outside. Ask for quietest room available.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

When my family and I are traveling we always stop I. Tulare to visit family..tjis time.we stayed at the Quality Inn in Tulare. And I must say the it was very clean and the people were very nice.Iam glad we choose the Quality Inn

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a nice review. We appreciate it very much!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

The premises is very close to a lot of different shops. IHOP is right in the parking lot. Starbucks is across the street. What more could you want in the morning? The hotel itself was very well kept. The room was clean, it had a weird stale odor but everything else was flawless. We stayed here when going to Sequoia and King Canyon, it's about 50 mins away from the park. Their pet fee is $20 per pet.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Thanks for the nice review!We are working on getting rid of smell that you experienced!
Sorry for not meeting your expectations!
We hope to see you in future!