All reviews breakfast staff great hotel gas station waffles complimentary breakfast convenience store upgraded to a suite stay there again cookies clean rooms mountain lodge the general manager fitness room fresh fruit short drive a great stay lobby area
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

I really don't think this hotel deserves 5 star rating. I try to find any amenities close to 5 star qualities, but I have failed. I stayed here twice in last two months, and my review is based on those two stays. I am also a Hilton diamond member.

Good:
1. Location- it is well located around major ski resorts and major highway. Thus, if your goal is to ski, this is a great place.

2. Breakfast- it is free. I think the quality is not there, but it is ok.

3. Common area- there is nice common area in the lobby, so you can relax or eat take-out food.

4. Staff- I think the staffs are generally nice. One staff member went all the way to help us out when check in.

5. Free coffee!

Bad:
1. Location - there are no restaurants around this hotel (no room service). If you want to eat something, drive 10min, and you may find one restaurant.

2. Room - pretty outdated. Nothing special. carpets are pretty dirty and filthy. Also, the heater is so loud that I can not even sleep. It sounds like thunderstorm every time it initiate the heater. Terrible.

3. Bathroom - the floor under the toilet is pretty disgusting. I don't think they clean that place up. Plus, the water pressure is so bad that it takes hours to take shower.

4. Value: $350 per night! Kidding me? I don't think I got what I paid for. The value is just not there. I understand they are charging extra for the skiers, but this is a little too much.

5. WiFi- really really slow. They give you free internet, which is slowest I've ever seen. They charge you extra if you want some normal speed. I didn't even bother to use it in my second night. I just used my LTE network. It had 2 bar from Att, but still much faster than the hotel's WiFi.

Overall, this hotel definitely does not deserve 5 star rating like some other reviewers wrote. In my opinion, This hotel is nothing more than 3 star Hampton Inn you see in your neighbor.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank shoshosho
RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m sorry your experience was not up to a 5 star rating like, as you pointed out, most of our reviews are. I’m happy to see that you were pleased with our proximity to the popular ski resorts such as Northstar and Squaw Valley, along with being close to golfing, hiking, Lake Tahoe, and other High Sierra activities during the summertime. We also have a plethora of restaurants within a 10 minute drive from our hotel; the closest ones are less than half a mile from our hotel.
Thank you for pointing out that with your stay you receive our complimentary hot breakfast and complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We also pride ourselves in our excellent staff members, from front desk, to housekeeping, to maintenance. As for value, our rates reflect the market in the area, as any hotel in a resort town will have higher rates.
We strive to ensure that we exceed guest’s expectations, and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide you with a 5-star experience. If you’re open to it, I would like to personally speak to you more about your experience. Please reach out to me at the hotel at your convenience.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Excellent place to stay. Quiet, clean, cozy and very relaxing. Breakfast is good. No walking distance for a sit down dinner, but that's one of the reasons cars were invented. Highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Richard-

We appreciate your business and the great review you posted on Tripadvisor.

Its nice to hear that you found the quiet, clean (very important) and relaxing.(vacation!) Hopefully we see you again, soon.

Thanks you.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

The hotel was nice and the amenities were good. The staff was friendly, professional, and helpful. The price was too high for what was offered. I have stayed in nicer hotels with more amenities at a lower price.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Terry-

Thank you for your review and pointing out the many plus aspects of our hotel.

Yes, we are not cheap. The costs associated with construction and operation of a hotel in a resort dictate the rates we charge. Of course, the market assures that what we charge is appropriate.

We also provide amenities and services that other hotels do not offer. If you have any suggestions for additional amenities we would love to hear from you.

General Manger

Reviewed 2 February 2016

Always enjoy this for fair value, proximity to skiing, and Truckee The breakfast offering is very good. Ladies serving are more welcoming than most restaurants. Rooms are very nice given the rate. Easy parking, and recption

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
RODERICKCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Robert,

Its all about value isn't it? We know we are not cheap, but we do are best to make it right priced and provide a good breakfast, free Wifi and extras you don't see in most Hamptons or other like branded hotels.

We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again this winter.

Thank you.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and I am never disappointed. It is my home away from home in the North Lake area. The location is perfect - near I 80 with close proximity to Northstar Resort, other ski resorts and downtown Truckee. The staff are extremely attentive and go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The breakfast buffet is great - a delicious way to start your day on the slopes. Upon entering the hotel, it is obvious that not only are the common areas impecably clean, but the rooms as well. Best of all, the manager makes each guest feel they are special!!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Joan-

Thank you for staying with and posting such a great review on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate you mentioning our staff, location and breakfast, all important items. But more importantly to most is the cleanliness,with which we take great pride.

Repeat business like yours speaks to what we want to accomplish in business- provide a service and product that's wanted again and again.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.