1,115 results
All reviews club level the ritz manzanita restaurant mountain concierge lake tahoe resort fee living room northstar village fire pit ski valet backyard bbq valet service beautiful property turn down service bell staff mountain view mid mountain
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Extremely impressed with the Ritz Carlton in Tahoe. Breathtakingly beautiful, outstanding location - mid mountain in Northstar. Ski in - ski out. Outstanding service. Comfortable. Romantic. VERY COOL - will be back

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any family planning a ski trip to Lake Tahoe. The location is ideal to the slope and ski school. You can't beat Ritz-Carlton service. Yes it is expensive but well worth it. My kids are 4 and 6.

Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
1  Thank jonathansW3039CI
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Context:
We visited the Ritz (myself, wife & daughter) for a pre-Christmas ski outing.

Pros:
- It's the Ritz. You expect excellent accommodations/amenities and this Ritz delivers
- Ski friendly...extremely ski friendly

Cons:
- SERVICE - Restaurants all lacked in service, staff was even rude. There are a few good apples that helped right a few wrongs but in general I was shocked by the horrible service. After further reflection I believe this is an issue with management, not the frontline employees. the poor service and rudeness of employees appeared to be a result of an under-staffed hotel. If I were in some of the waitstaffs shoes and received complaints left and right as well as 'affluent' attitude I would be rude as well.
- We upgraded to the mountain view room....it was not worth the extra money. If you do decide to upgrade to a mountain view be sure you're on the top two floors as the ones below have obstructed views of the mountain.

Message to Hotel GM - HIRE MORE FRONTLINE EMPLOYEES, it's an incremental cost which will be offset by additional sales. Further, it will cease the negative feedback your receiving at present time.

Room Tip: Room View - At the end of the day, this does not matter at the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Very comfortable room. Very chill living room for hanging out in afternoons. No complaints about facilities, spa, pool, mountain concierge.

Where hotel falls down is on dining service and housekeeping.
Tough to get anyone's attention after being seated for 15 minutes or more. lots of staff coming by, but no one seems dedicated to a table. Just getting water before lunch took at least 5 requests from different wait staff.

Housekeeping service took daily calls for room to be serviced. And no, we did not have privacy tag on door. Turn down service on last night included removing the rollaway bed for our son. And room service detritus in the hallways for half the day is not OK. I understand it's peak season, and the hotel is fully booked, but staff-up and make service consistent with your standards.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Joseph M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

DearJALL_517,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at our resort, and was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the disappointment you experienced with your housekeeping service. I have discussed your experience with our team and we have identified improvements and changes we can make so the issues you encountered do not occur again.

Thank you for your feedback and we do hope to see you again in Lake Tahoe in the near future! Please let me know the next time you visit our resort, as I would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back in person.

Joseph Mattioli, General Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2017

My family and I were so excited to spend our last week of winter break at the Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe. We are frequent visitors of high end hotels (St Regis, Ritz, Four Seasons). The kids were excited to ski and frankly I was excited to be in a luxury hotel! After a quick check-in with a nice tour of our large suite, things quickly went downhill from there. I don't have it in me to write a whole review as an essay, so I will just write it in list form.

1) Our first night at the hotel, we called for turndown service at 7:30pm. We came back at approximately 9:30pm to find our room door PROPPED OPEN. Housekeeping did not close or lock our door when they were finished. There were also soiled tissues under my husband's nightstand. There was NO HOTEL MANAGER on duty that night so we had to wait until morning to get it sorted. I was beside myself that the hotel would let this kind of thing happen. Also, our kids pull out sofa bed was made up with one sheet and a HARD waffle type blanket. Not acceptable for $899 per night! It was 10pm and we had to wait for a hotel staff member to change the bed.

2) The next day, our kids went to a full day for ski school 9am-3pm. One of the best parts of skiing is stopping for a nice, hot lunch mid day. We found out that our kids were only offered a cold potato, cucumber and orange. No, this is not the hotel's fault but they know guests will be using this school, so they should make sure guests (especially kids) are fed well. Maybe a grilled cheese or mac and cheese or hamburger? Just a suggestion.

3) Midday yesterday I went up to take a shower and found an old washcloth from the night before still in the shower. Housekeeping is just atrocious at this hotel. They offered to have someone come pick it up but I was tired of having hotel staff in our room. Last night sat in a booth at the Manzanita restaurant and the booth seat cover was ripped. Absolutely disgusting.

4) My husband and I wanted to have a night to ourselves so we were hoping to put the kids in the nighttime kids club (which they offer from 6-9) on Wednesday night. Alas, the hotel informed us that there was NO ATTENDANT available that night. What????? We have never experienced anything like this before.

5) Today, we had lunch that took over an hour to arrive at the Manzanita restaurant. Then went to the arcade where some of the video games were out of service. Then went up to the room to find our fireplace and phone out of service. Yet again we need to spend more time with hotel staff in our room.

Honestly, I can't wait to get out of here. The Ritz Carlton in Aruba.....absolutely fabulous, 5 star hotel. Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe? Not so much. Beware.

3  Thank Cathy R
Paul R, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Cindy R,

Thank you again for taking the time to review your concerns with me. I would like to again extend my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience with housekeeping and food and beverage services during your stay. I will also share your feedback regarding your children’s off-property dining experience with our mountain partners.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We strive to provide every guest exceptional service, facilities and amenities. Therefore your comments are extremely valuable to us so we may focus on areas of improvement.

I am delighted we were able to resolve your opportunities prior to your departure. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Paul Reggio, Hotel Manager