“Great Mediterranean food in South Bay”
Review of King Mediterrano

King Mediterrano
Ranked #142 of 634 Restaurants in Torrance
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Elite ’16
4.0 star rating 12/13/2016
1 check-in
Came here for lunch with the boy after seeing the stellar yelp reviews. It's in the Northpoint Center behind the Chase Bank, in the same center as the 24 Hour Fitness.

THE DIGS AND SERVICE
The shop itself is tiny, with one table inside. The outside patio has 4-5 large communal wooden tables with umbrellas, perfect on sunny so-cal days. The service was great, with Nora helping us pick what to eat and also checking in to see if we liked our orders.

THE FOOD
We ordered the Garlic Chicken Wrap, but with steak and onions instead. We also had the Mediterraneo Wrap with Chicken Kebab. The Mediterraneo was delicious! The chicken was so succulent and the flavors were spot on. The Garlic with steak was somehow a little off in flavor - not bad, but not as good as the Mediterraneo. Still was a healthy, delicious lunch. 2 wraps + one combo (fries, rice or salad + a drink) and tiramisu was $24. The tiramisu was a generous portion with ladyfingers and the whole deal (quite authentic). It was well made and creamy.

Would definitely come back to try the roast chicken, loaded fries, and other wraps.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

I had the "King Sultan," a new dish on the menu, which is a HUGE dish for two with everything in it. Each component was delicious (stk/onions/rice, chk, fries, salad/sauce, falafal) on their own, but all together were great! Definitely going to come back for this and more!

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Randomly found this place from online reviews and glad I did. FYI it's a very small take out only kind of restaurant. The food is awesome! Portions are huge and prices are very reasonable. We got a gyro plate (with house salad & lentil soup) and a chicken kabob plate (with falafels and hummus). Everything was delicious. Make sure to grab some baklava...yum.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

The family is authentic, hospitable and now they have added some outside tables. But, the real reason I'm taking the time to write this review is because the food is delicious, the chicken skewers, the falafel, the hummus, Nora's desserts and of course the fact that every time I stop by Nora or someone of her family has a huge welcoming smile. Always an A+ experience at King Mediterraneo.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

New to area and my hairdresser recommended this place when I asked for best Mediterranean food around. He was right on. It hasn't taken me long to figure out that some of the best ethnic food to be had around this area is located in strip malls so this location wasn't a surprise. What was a surprise was that it is not actually a standard restaurant - it is a kitchen with a very small order bar. The only seating is 4 large covered tables on a side patio which were pretty much open, even with a line up to order food so it seems this is mostly a take-away place (though we set at the tables which were nice.)

The server was extraordinarily friendly and the food was reasonably priced and delicious.The pita bread is good, more like a tortilla which I like and find more authentic though I know some prefer a fluffier type. The chicken kebabs were so tender, the falafel so tasty, zingy dressing on fresh greens made a great salad and the hummus was absolutely to die for. I may just throw away the new tub of Sabra hummus that is in my refrigerator because it's going to taste so weak now after having such delectably fresh hummus.

We are going to be regulars here I am sure. Next time I'm going to try the delicious looking med nachos a guy had at the next table over and follow it with some baklava that you can tell just by looking is going to be glorious!

Been to King Mediterrano? Share your experiences!