“Helpful Front office staff, average stay...”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Izmir, Turkey
“Helpful Front office staff, average stay...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

It is an average hotel, a bit far from the airport and other places I had to visit. I had a very good impression of the helpful front office staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nbalsari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

The people were friendly. The room was fairly clean, but the kitchenette smelled. Good location. In effort to cut costs, they do not offer customary items in your room - need shampoo, you have to go down to the desk and ask for it. Really? I understand cutting costs, but it's a little disappointing that customary items are now only offered upon request. Hotel is pet friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Budapest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed for 4 nights here and we were very satisfied with the apartment and the staff (FLORA the manager is a super and helpful lady) Only problem was the transportation since we were travelling by public bus. Torrance transit is so unreliable as friendly the drivers are. We had to wait more than half an hour every time to take a ride and then have a pleasant conversation with the drivers. One of them actually gave us a "siteseeing tour." Please note that the Torrance transit bus 6 is out of service on Weekends.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lzsuzsa
Howell, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

I give Extended Stay a 4. because you get what you pay for, they make a no frills, base bottom price for a studio hotel room that has a mini kitchen. Seriously I can see why people would live here its cheaper then rent and has your basics. Obviously because there were two of us, only 2 plates, glasses, coffee mugs and utensils, but the plates were those heavy glass?? I don't know what its called but think Clifton's Cafeteria plates and big beige thick mugs...and you know what I mean.

SO it was last minute- we were heading to Torrance to visit friends and wanted to avoid Carmageddon so we opted to stay at Extended Stay- first I went to the one on Vermont- suffice to say- Gardena has changed dramatically since I lived there- but the staff was polite and and sent me down 190th. Right across the Street from Kings Hawaiian Bakery warehouse... sigh-- but I digress.

The beds are firm and comfortable, plenty of pillows and we had very fluffy towels. they do not do room cleaning everyday unless you request, but we didn't it was fine. No shampoo, conditoner or lotion, bring your own, they have bar soap and it was fine. Room was nice a king with a few tables, a nice comfy easy chair and ottoman, TV was big and it had- like I said a nice kitchen with an apartment size refrigerator. Parking was fine and we used the stairs not the elevator. Some pots and pans, a colinder, wine opener, toaster, coffee maker (bring your own small filters (perfect for illy espresso grind) NO garbage disposal so use the catch and the trash can.

Friday night was rest full, however Saturday night starting at 10pm, there was a family on our floor that allowed their spawn to run up and down and stop at each door and stomp, try the lock with the key and run screaming back to the momma. Lest I say asking them politely to stop in Spanish did not help, screaming at them in Spanish did not help, and after two calls to the front desk at around 1am it finally stopped. I didn't care why but it did.

So when we returned our keys Sunday morning, and did a small complaint to the clerk-- the clerk informed us that the night clerk had told the parents a few times to get the spawn in control--- but finally after someones last call-- the clerk caught the little spawn red-handed trying someones door---as the parents watched TV in the room with the door open- evidently blissfully unaware that their spawn were on the war path up and down the hallways... We were not the only ones complaining. So the Staff at Extended Stay did exactly what they should have they asked the family of 8 to please leave the hotel, too bad so sad see ya!

Yeahh!!!! and THAT is what I call prompt attention and why sleep was finally possible.

Would I stay here again, heck ya it was cheap, comfy and close to everything. not a problem. But do not get it mixed up with the one on Vermont--that one kinda scary.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank suzanne s
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

If you are traveling alone, and you want a place that is affordable, with awesome customer service, clean rooms, and privacy Extended Stay is the place you want to be. The one thing I loved, loved, loved about my room is that the Air Condition is strong and makes my room super cold. I often stay at hotels in Hawaii, and I rarely find a room that keeps my room cold, I set the air condition to 60, then after awhile the temperature automatically goes up. That drives me nuts, because I constantly have to change it. Also, I like the fact that the maid service is optional. I like to take care of my own space, which really makes me feel I am at a home away from home. I stayed at the Extended Stay for 10 days; I was in LA for a family reunion. I couldn’t wait to get back to my cold room!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank prettyphatgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
4.6 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Avita Suites
4.0 km away
Staybridge Suites Torrance
4.6 km away
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.
5.6 km away
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle
5.3 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
1.4 km away
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway

Property: Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Address: 19200 Harborgate Way, Torrance, CA 90501-1317
Region: United States > California > Torrance
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): €€
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Los Angeles-Torrance Harbor Gateway Hotel Torrance