See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 November 2016

The room was outdated - but the view was fabulous. The living room area only had a sofa - and the TV was very small and could not see the entire picture. The bathroom was very large. The bedroom had no TV - no ceiling fans in any room - and no AC. Luckily we were there in September - so the windows opened and cooled the room. But again - the view was fabulous!

No ice machines or vending machines available!

Room Tip: Top floor views are beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We had amble room, a kitchenette that sufficed, and clean quarters at this very dated apartment. The walk to a good restaurant as well as the beach and drive to Safeway was easy, . The beds were a bit gushy, but the view made the experience memorable. The hostess was most charming and helpful.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcia S
Reviewed 14 August 2016

I think the pictures are pretty self explanatory. I really enjoyed my stay at Holiday House and so did my pup. It was a perfect little getaway spot for me. The manger Alvina was very accommodating and she even brings you a small basket of things for your dog when you arrive. The interior was a little dated but comfortable and clean. There is a deck in front of every room equipped with a picnic table, umbrella, and chairs that are perfect for lounging. I noticed that a lot of people complained about the water access but North Lake Tahoe is rocky and beautiful because of it. There are a few sandy beaches close by and Alvina can point the way but I don't think that they allow dogs. There are not many beaches on Tahoe that do allow dogs so I was really grateful to find this place. The hotel has a little float not far off shore that you can swim to and I believe paddleboards for rent (although I did not partake). Overall I loved this place and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed being on the end of the hotel so other guests did not walk past my open windows.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Our one bedroom suite (with living room) overlookws Lake Tahoe. The view was superb, and we had plenty of space. The overall place could use a bit of attention in terms of upkeep. But if you're not too picky, these things pale in comparison to the wonderful surroundings and views. A nice place from which to explore the northern part of Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank peterabrons
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Holiday House is a small, friendly place with gorgeous views of the lake from each room plus a great deck to relax on. The units have a separate sitting room and kitchenette, so feel very spacious. It is simple but very clean and Alvina, the owner, is a delightful and welcoming hostess. The motel is very dog friendly.

The one negative for me was that water access is extremely difficult at this spot. The climb down to the lake (and back up!) requires the agility of a mountain goat, over boulders and rocks, and there is absolutely no clear "beach" area for getting in and out of the water -- just very slippery rocks. Even my dog, a Labrador, found it challenging to find an easy path down, so -- sadly-- we had to drive to other spots on the lake with easier access for swimming. Very disappointing when we had chosen Holiday House simply because of its great lakefront location!

I loved the relaxed atmosphere and beautiful views of the lake at Holiday House, but this one major drawback created problems and made my stay much less enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo