All reviews squirrel house great shower hotel is situated king size bed room was clean hot tub common areas microwave and fridge place to stay definitely stay here again a great stay kings beach airbnb kitchen kayak leah tahoe
Reviewed 25 April 2017

The rooms are decorated just adorable. Our room was spacious, immaculate and felt very cozy. It has a kitchen with all the dishes and cooking utensils. The view from our window is of the mountains and Lake Tahoe. Very friendly staff. The hotel is situated among tall pine trees. Just beautiful! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Came to Tahoe for a three day conference and could not have been happier with my choice of lodging! I'm writing this while sitting on the cozy window seat in my room, looking down the hill and out over the lake. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated with reclaimed wood furniture and unique carved detailing. This particular room, up in the Squirrel House, also has a little kitchen and eating nook, king size bed, and plenty of storage that would make it an excellent choice for an extended stay.

The rooms range up the hill into the woods and feel like little cabins and the inn is conveniently located to the shops, restaurants, and beaches of the northern lake shore. Leah at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. I would definitely recommend Tahoe Vistana!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Came here for a one night stay. Staff was gone upon our arrival but the key and instructions were left just outside. The room was nice. Plenty warm. Mini fridge, coffee pot and tv. No heat in the bathroom though, and the window doesn't appear to be the type you can fully shut. We just kept the door closed through the night. We used the spa. No problems there. It's outdoors but quite hot! No problem with the snow. Only negative was that the walls must be made of cardboard. I was awakened in the early morning by our neighbors talking. I. heard. Every. Word. And she wasn't being loud. Just talking. My advice is bring earplugs. Do that and you will probably have a nice trip.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The wife and I went up to snowboard for a couple of days over presidents day weekend as normal I was dreading the tahoe prices. Everything was jacked up prices. $250 a night was the lowest I could find ,but then I found this place $140 a night. the room was all I expected for that price everything was clean and my wife was impressed by the bedding and she hates hotel bedding. The only things they missed in remodeling was the TV and the mini fridge. Which I could care less about I'm there to sleep and shower then hit the mountain again. Everyone who talks crap about this place is just a snob who needs to chill, go pay 300 a night if you don't like it. More vistana inn for me this is definitely my new spot! It is really close to northstar and heavenly (like 15min) and not to far from boreal and sugarbowl ( like 30 min)

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2017

We checked in Friday night, paying $197 for a room with two beds, a bathroom, and a small kitchenette. When we arrived the heat was on but the room was FREEZING and unusable. After two requests, we finally got a space heater. Upon plugging it in, the fuse blew. The room finally got warm after a few hours, but the bathroom and kitchen never did. Washed my hair this morning only to discover that there was no hair dryer. I haven't been in a hotel of any level without a hair dryer for at least a dozen years - total shocked about that. Got back to the room at 5PM in hopes of (1) having a clean room (they bill themselves as an "inn," not a "condo") and (2) getting one from the front desk, but they were gone for the day and didn't feel like calling the emergency number just for hair defy..so I'm going home about $400 poorer and feeling like I went camping. Oh, and not even a cheap toaster in the kitchenette, so used the oven to toast bagels. As if that's not enough, I was told I couldn't bring my dog (had to pay a house sitter back at home) and arrived to find a lovely dog next door openly trotting around. Bottom line? it's a cute remodel, but understaffed, under equipped, and the definition of "lipstick on a pig." I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara M
Manager Vistana P, Front Desk at Tahoe Vistana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

A housekeeping service sign is displayed in each accommodation to inform guests that service is available every three days.

This well-priced unit has a full kitchen, which includes an electric range, full-sized refrigerator and basic cook/tableware, as well as a dining area that seats up to four.

Although the gas heater was installed less than two years ago, the room temperature was affected by the weather, single pane bedroom and bathroom windows, and wood/tile flooring. It is this type of feedback that is invaluable, and it should be the premise for future decision-making for room improvements for some of the lodging options on-site.