“Affordable, Comfortable and Welcoming Accomodation in Tahoe Vista”
Review of Tahoe Vistana Inn

Tahoe Vistana Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
Reviewed 7 January 2017

We recently had to overnight in Tahoe - I hadn't been there for a while and was shocked at the cost of condo's etc. So thank goodness for the Vistana!

Communicating with the staff/management was easy and efficient (thank you Leah!) and we booked a pet-friendly double-queen that found to be affordable, very clean, and comfortable. The room was much larger than average and included a microwave and fridge. Our 'door' was a locking sliding glass door to our own little patio that included a table/chairs and BBQ. We were there for a major snowfall so didn't use the outdoor amenities but could see how fun they'd be in the summertime. Smoking was allowed outside and our room didn't smell of stale smoke in the slightest.

I saw other online reviews that complained about things that I consider minor: the type of lock on the door, the curtains, etc. I thought the room was reasonably modern and updated, but I can see how some might think this hotel falls into what used to be called the "Tahoe Funky" category. You may be trading off the latest in spa/resort accoutrements for affordability, but for us, the Tahoe Vistana offers just what we're looking for: a clean, roomy, quiet, safe, pet-friendly room in good repair with a small fridge and microwave, and friendly staff to boot!

If we find ourselves in Tahoe again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne A

Reviewed 6 December 2016

The king room itself was all that we expected, clean and simple. Everything was fine until about 10pm when our upstairs neighbors got to their room and were partying until 3am. Screaming, pounding on the walls etc. The walls and floors are clearly paper thin. It was a big bummer when we came to Tahoe for a quiet weekend getaway and got very little sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a more secluded room.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Manager Vistana P, Front Office Manager at Tahoe Vistana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing the property for your stay. The owners are pleased that you enjoyed the simplicity and cleanliness of the room. They are willing to offer you a discount for your experience. Please call direct for more details. Best wishes and happy holidays.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

A very unique last minute find for us. The hotel is situated closer to some of the local resorts so the area is quieter that most. Hotel rooms were remodeled and very clean. Outside patio for conversation and it was directly across the street from Lake Tahoe! For the area, the rate was reasonable for the value.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike P
Manager Vistana P, Front Desk Agent at Tahoe Vistana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Tahoe Vistana Inn and for sharing your experience. We hope you'll be back next time your visiting the North Shore.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Nice little hotel not far from the beach (shared beach access with neighbouring hotel) across the road. Our room had 2 king size beds, plus nice little kitchen/dining room and shower/bathroom. All well-equipped, all functioned fine, wifi also. Very helpful receptionist and good restaurants close by.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Manager Vistana P, Front Office Manager at Tahoe Vistana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! It was a pleasure to have you and we hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Stayed one night while going up for the Shakespeare Festival. This stay was the most disappointed I've been in a motel stay for so long. Not only was the price way too much for the condition of the room, I can't remember ever staying in a worse room. I do research for a really long time before booking a room; I've read very unfavorable reviews of this inn but I also read comments from management saying that the property had recently been renovated & saw some really nice pictures on the website so I decided to take a chance which turned out to be a serious mistake. I'll start with the only 2 positives - good location & my husband shared that the woman working the counter at check in was nice.
As far as the room, there was so many things wrong, I'll have to go room by room. We stayed in room #130, a double Queen room with a separate bedroom for one bed. The bathroom: no counter space (minimal complaint); the shower is in very shabby shape, chipped up & looks dirty even though a swipe of the finger proved it was clean; the shower head is way too low, there's no water pressure to speak of (could barely rinse the shampoo from my hair) and even though I read they had nice shampoo, conditioner & lotion, I only found two tiny generic shampoos & two generic bars of soap. There was also no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Back bedroom: The door wouldn't close fully & there were no screens on the window! The windows are at ground level & perfect for wildlife or people to just crawl right in if you happen to want to open them for fresh air. Having no screen on those windows was totally unacceptable & not an "oversight". Main room: where do I start? First of all - the coffee maker in the room is not the proper one for the packets provided. There's a door that I assume connects to the next door room that had just a dead bolt, with the latch on the inside, between the two rooms & a keyhole on the outside,my side, inside the room; I instinctively tried the handle & it opened, on the other side was a door that again, I'm assuming, went to the next door room. This door had a dead bolt latch on my side (with the keyhole, I'm sure on their side, just like the door I had just opened. I'm again assuming that I could have just turned the deadbolt & opened the door into their room, which I didn't do. I immediately closed the door to my room and got the room key & tried to lock the door. My room key didn't fit the lock & there was no way for me to lock the door because the latch was on the other side. As it was after 10PM, we just put a chair up against the door. So, I'm lying on the bed in my nightgown talking to my husband, glance over at the blinds on the long window to the left of the door & realize that since the blinds aren't recessed into the window sill, they don't cover the window well & anyone who may be walking by could see me in the gap. I placed a pillow up against them to push the blinds into the gap. The bed was uncomfortable & there was a strong unpleasant musty odor upon entrance, every time we came to the room. The only positive was the bed linens, excluding the pillows, which were uncomfortable. Also - every lamp was unplugged when we arrived and the remote to the TV either didn't work at all or the batteries were dead. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning & should be given raises simply for keeping such a shabby place looking presentable. Throwing a pillow on the bed, throwing down a rug and hanging a few pictures on the wall is not "renovating". I didn't expect luxury but I was sorely disappointed to pay so much for a run down rickety room that I consider not secure or safe.

Room Tip: Pictures on website are deceptive
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank northcoastheart
Manager Vistana P, Front Office Manager at Tahoe Vistana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for mentioning that the location, staff, and linen were up to standard. The rate for a 2 - 4 person standard accommodation is common for the North Lake Tahoe area. Every accommodation onsite has been updated and the improvements made to unit 130 include having the floor replaced, a new bathroom vanity, toilet, and all new mattresses/bed platforms installed. Within the past week the existing television has been replaced, but is still operable. (The universal remote would not program to this obsolete TV and it had to be powered on/off from the TV itself.) We are sympathetic that you were so fearful during your stay! There has never been a case of an animal breaking into a unit, nor a person spying on a guest. The reality is we are only ever trying to provide a comfortable stay for travelers, and we would love to try to make it up to you. Please reach out to us for more details. We hope you were able to enjoy the festival and beautiful surroundings! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to hear from you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tahoe Vista
0.5 km away
Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort
Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort
#3 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Tahoe Vistana Inn? Share your experiences!