All reviews great shower room was clean hot tub common areas microwave and fridge place to stay a great stay kings beach airbnb kitchen kayak property leah tahoe furnishings lake twin
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Stayed one night while going up for the Shakespeare Festival. This stay was the most disappointed I've been in a motel stay for so long. Not only was the price way too much for the condition of the room, I can't remember ever staying in a worse room. I do research for a really long time before booking a room; I've read very unfavorable reviews of this inn but I also read comments from management saying that the property had recently been renovated & saw some really nice pictures on the website so I decided to take a chance which turned out to be a serious mistake. I'll start with the only 2 positives - good location & my husband shared that the woman working the counter at check in was nice.
As far as the room, there was so many things wrong, I'll have to go room by room. We stayed in room #130, a double Queen room with a separate bedroom for one bed. The bathroom: no counter space (minimal complaint); the shower is in very shabby shape, chipped up & looks dirty even though a swipe of the finger proved it was clean; the shower head is way too low, there's no water pressure to speak of (could barely rinse the shampoo from my hair) and even though I read they had nice shampoo, conditioner & lotion, I only found two tiny generic shampoos & two generic bars of soap. There was also no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Back bedroom: The door wouldn't close fully & there were no screens on the window! The windows are at ground level & perfect for wildlife or people to just crawl right in if you happen to want to open them for fresh air. Having no screen on those windows was totally unacceptable & not an "oversight". Main room: where do I start? First of all - the coffee maker in the room is not the proper one for the packets provided. There's a door that I assume connects to the next door room that had just a dead bolt, with the latch on the inside, between the two rooms & a keyhole on the outside,my side, inside the room; I instinctively tried the handle & it opened, on the other side was a door that again, I'm assuming, went to the next door room. This door had a dead bolt latch on my side (with the keyhole, I'm sure on their side, just like the door I had just opened. I'm again assuming that I could have just turned the deadbolt & opened the door into their room, which I didn't do. I immediately closed the door to my room and got the room key & tried to lock the door. My room key didn't fit the lock & there was no way for me to lock the door because the latch was on the other side. As it was after 10PM, we just put a chair up against the door. So, I'm lying on the bed in my nightgown talking to my husband, glance over at the blinds on the long window to the left of the door & realize that since the blinds aren't recessed into the window sill, they don't cover the window well & anyone who may be walking by could see me in the gap. I placed a pillow up against them to push the blinds into the gap. The bed was uncomfortable & there was a strong unpleasant musty odor upon entrance, every time we came to the room. The only positive was the bed linens, excluding the pillows, which were uncomfortable. Also - every lamp was unplugged when we arrived and the remote to the TV either didn't work at all or the batteries were dead. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning & should be given raises simply for keeping such a shabby place looking presentable. Throwing a pillow on the bed, throwing down a rug and hanging a few pictures on the wall is not "renovating". I didn't expect luxury but I was sorely disappointed to pay so much for a run down rickety room that I consider not secure or safe.

Room Tip: Pictures on website are deceptive
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank northcoastheart
Manager Vistana P, Front Office Manager at Tahoe Vistana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for mentioning that the location, staff, and linen were up to standard. The rate for a 2 - 4 person standard accommodation is common for the North Lake Tahoe area. Every accommodation onsite has been updated and the improvements made to unit 130 include having the floor replaced, a new bathroom vanity, toilet, and all new mattresses/bed platforms installed. Within the past week the existing television has been replaced, but is still operable. (The universal remote would not program to this obsolete TV and it had to be powered on/off from the TV itself.) We are sympathetic that you were so fearful during your stay! There has never been a case of an animal breaking into a unit, nor a person spying on a guest. The reality is we are only ever trying to provide a comfortable stay for travelers, and we would love to try to make it up to you. Please reach out to us for more details. We hope you were able to enjoy the festival and beautiful surroundings! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to hear from you!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

As with virtually any vacation lodging, there are pros and cons. It my understanding that the Tahoe Vistana in is under new ownership and is working on upgrades. To give some props, our room was nice and clean; bright and airy with pleasantly simple décor. It appears that there has been some new floors put in but with no real attention paid to the sub-flooring. Because it is uneven underneath the new flooring on top creaks a lot when you walk on it and is starting to actually crack a bit in some places. The edge of the floor where it meets the bathroom sticks up a good half-inch and is uneven and our first morning there I stubbed by toe on it so badly that it was bleeding. The window blind I our room did not have a handle to open and close it. There is an outside patio area with table and chairs but inside no place for more that 2 people to sit inside. Some patios have BBQs and umbrellas but ours didn't. Our last night there a lady knocked on her door and asked if we could turn off our outside patio light because it was shining so brightly into her room but we didn't have a switch for it. Overall, I can see how the owners are working to improve the inn. It just isn't quite where it needs to be yet. My suggestion to the owners is to really put themselves into the experience of a guest to really see what details can be added or changed to enhance it. The best feature is the staff. From the front desk staff to the cleaning staff - everyone is very nice, friendly and accommodating. We were only provided 2 bath towels and had no problem getting 2 more for the 4 of us; it was really easy to borrow 2 bikes and helmets for my daughter and I to take a bike ride; they talked to a particular large and loud group in the unit behind us about keeping the noise down at night. With all this, Tahoe Vistana Inn is a bad place to stay, just know that it is a work in progress.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Manager Vistana P, Front Desk Agent at Tahoe Vistana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience. Although improvements are continually being made, it is unfortunate that the establishment was not up to standard during your stay. Hopefully you had meant to say "With all this, Tahoe Vistana Inn isn't a bad place to stay, just know that it is a work in progress." Thanks again for staying and you are welcome back anytime.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

I recommend Tahoe Vistana Inn! The staff was really nice and the room very nice. Pans were damaged in the kitchen and we didn't have soap in the shower. We had loud neighbors the second night.. We heard the TV until midnight! The rooms were only separated by a door..

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manager Vistana P, Front Office Manager at Tahoe Vistana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you were taken care of by staff and that you enjoyed the room. We hope to have you again and thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Loved the option to get a room with a kitchen, not only did it come fully stocked, but qe saved so much money on making our own meals. The gas BBQ outside was awesome. The only bummer was that the weather wasn't warm enough and the complementary kayaks were not available yet. I wish this was listed on their website, as we didn't find out until we called. Overall, the room was quaint and cute and we'd definitely return. Didn't use the hot tub either as it was super small and we didn't get a chance.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guest,
We are so grateful that you have taken the time to share your experience! Thank you for your kind words and we hope that you will come back to visit again!

Reviewed 4 January 2016

We checked in and settled the children with the intention of checking out around 4:30-5am in order to avoid traffic when we left Tahoe. The front desk leaves at 8pm and said they could be contacted using the phone number in the room. The sheet on the bed had a blood stain on it. Around midnight the guests in the adjoining room came back to their room and stayed up talking until about 3am. The walls were so thin that we woke up and could hear every word of their conversation. At first we thought they were standing outside our room because it was so loud. We tried to call the "emergency" phone number but could not find it. It is not on any of the paperwork that is given to you at check in and we could not see it on the door. There was no phone in the room either. There were no roll away beds but they do have air mattresses for a $15 charge. The air mattress had a hole and completely deflated within 10 minutes of inflation. And the wifi did not work all. We tried on 4 different devices. Good location but there is no point to stay in a dirty room that you can get no sleep in with no assistance from the staff. There are so many hotel choices. Avoid this one!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank B H
TahoeVistaPR, Public Relations Manager at Tahoe Vistana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Hello BH,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of the Tahoe Vistana. We are sorry to hear that you had such a frustrating stay at the Inn. We do our best to ensure that our guests have a great visit in Tahoe and wish that you had brought your concerns to the staff. We do post after-hours contact information on the front door right next to the telephone and we would have been eager to fix the problems that you had with the airbed and the sheets…that is inexcusable! We’d love a chance to make this up to you. If you’d like to give us another try, we’re happy to comp a one night stay for you on your next visit.