All reviews paddle boards water bikes beach toys ice cream shop vaulted ceilings lake tahoe across the street private beach lakefront room chaise lounges great family vacation spot north shore rooms are large low key first floor close proximity dvd library
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I love this place! Very customer service friendly. What a wonderful place to be with our children . The beach and water activities were so much fun especially the trampoline in the water!!thank you so much!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
MLRTahoe, General Manager at Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Leslie,

These are just the reviews we are hoping for. Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to create a safe comfortable and amenity filled experience. We say here you can "Do it all or do nothing at all" WIth kids, it's about providing safe and fun experiences ON THE LAKE!

Come back soon and enjoy your return guest discount.

Alex Mourelatos, GM

Reviewed 17 September 2018

The roof in our bathroom began to leak when the folks upstairs used the tub. Water dripped slowly from the air vent on to our toilet. We had to wear a towel when using the toilet. A maintenance worker was summoned but did nothing except eliminate an electrical issue. At that time, the dripping had subsided and my family and I had somewhere to be.

At 6:45am the next morning, the leak turned to a waterfall on to the toilet. The noise woke up my 2 year old son to tears. I immediately called the front desk and no one answered. I called every 15-20 minutes and left 4 voicemails. My pregnant wife had to wait to use the restroom until the dripping stopped around 8:30am. That is the time I finally reached someone at the front desk. He was kind enough and said he wasn't in until 8am. I asked if he had checked my 4 voicemails prior since it was now 8:30am? He said no. I told him that we wanted to cut the trip a day short because this experience ruined the trip. Upon checkout, I asked what was going to be done to compensate us and he said no manager was on sight to authorize such a demand, but someone would call me later that day.

The day came and went and I received no call. In fact, I called later that afternoon myself to be told that a manager still wasn't available. I called the day after and was finally able to reach the manager at 12:30pm. She said she had just arrived, hence she didn't call me yet. I told her I needed compensation for my horrible visit and she said she had to hear the story from her employees. This lack of trust severely hurt and I went on to explain in great detail exactly what my family and I went through. She said she would call me back in 10-15 minutes after discussing the situation with the owner.

The whole day came and went and I did not hear back from the manager. I had to call back myself 24 hours later and was told she didn't call me because their internet and phones were out all day. She agreed to not charge me for the day we left early, although she said, "We normally don't do that but we will for you." I would think a comment like that is better left unsaid when roofs are leaking water. I asked for more compensation and all I was given was a $55 refund by them not charging a fee that I now can't remember. I accepted and went on living my life.

I understand that things happen and sometimes roofs leak. But the staff's lack of care to our situation (the only solution was to move us to another room for one more day) and lack of response to paying customers when trying to remedy a situation really soured my stay.

Room tip: Get a room upstairs so you don't have to deal with leaks or with loud footsteps above you.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cfreitas61
TahoeBlu, General Manager at Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Mr. Freitas

We do apologize for the lack of response however the issue was unusual and we were attempting to both verify your statements with our staff and to determine what the cause of the leak was. The situation was further compromised due to the loss of phones, internet, and power were out at different times making communication difficult.

Staff did respond to the situation immediately upon learning of it at the beginning of the work day. We are very sorry that this occurred however the actions of my staff were sound. We offered you an alternate room for the balance of your stay and additional items to make up for the experience but you refused and demanded a refund which was provided given the circumstances. Staff was correct in stating that we normally charge for a cancellation.

The additional consideration of $55 was provided to reflect your loss of service and inconvenience in not having the bathroom accessible for the period of time the leak occurred.

We did work to address the problem as soon as we learned about it and the problem was actually addressed later in the day. Again, we are sorry for your experience but feel we otherwise provided good accommodations and service.

We would hope you will reconsider staying with us as we know families like yours have an outstanding time when they are here.

Alex Mourelatos

Reviewed 17 September 2018

The rooms are great, the location is great, but what my group liked best was that there were many beach activities available right on the private beach. Hydrobikes, kayaks, paddle boards were free to use, as well as a ping pong table, barbecues, and various beach games. There was even a trampoline in the water! We would love to return!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. We put a lot of toys out for the families and big kids that stay with us. We learned as a family traveling as a group that the best places offered lots of quality things to do while on property and had the staff that made the difference. We try very hard to do all that we can to ensure a quality stay for all of our guests and appreciate the positive feedback.

Watch out for next summer where we will add new recreation features to the beach!

Alex Mourelatos

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Fabulous place, clean n quiet. Loved it! Especially nice that you can rent kayaks for free! What a Blast we had. ................,,,,,,,,,,,, the water was so clean and Tahoe was beautiful!
Would definitely go back .

Trip type: Travelled with family
MLRTahoe, General Manager at Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ruth,
We’re delighted you loved our resort and had such a fabulous visit. Please come back and see us again soon.
-Alex

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Fantastic family vacation spot right on the lake. No nickel-and-diming with all of the beach gear either. You're free to use the kayaks, canoes, water bikes, water trampoline, etc. It's all included. Wonderful place. European feel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
MLRTahoe, General Manager at Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Our Greek heritage must be showing through! Thanks for the great review. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay and all of our beach amenities. Please come back and see us again soon, and don’t forget to request your Return Guest discount when you book your next stay.
-Alex