All reviews double bed street parking lamb in town reception desk caramelized onions main street gold country small room lots of shops stayed nights modern amenities two blocks my husband and i continental breakfast wine tasting
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while visiting friends in the area. It was adequate for that purpose. There is a very good place across the street for morning cappuccino called Chocolatte that had pastries also. Otherwise not much else here

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We had the occasion for an overnight in the Amador area and decided on Hotel Sutter.Provided you are not expecting Marriott style accommodations and are a bit adventuresome you might want to give it a try. The room we were given was a handicap room and it was acceptable with a very large bathroom. The hotel has been upgraded over time and acceptable for an overnight. Breakfast came with the room and was served outdoors on the second floor veranda. The bar was spacious as were the downstairs eating establishments. We retuned late on Saturday night and went downstairs to a busy bar scene. This night they had a full band that was great and other Saturdays they have karaoke. Pleasant and fun evening.

Room tip: Try for sunday through Thursday rates
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Literally one of the worst experiences I ever had staying in a hotel. AC doesn't work it is 98 degrees outside. I'm currently in the hotel writing this review and pissed-off off. I would give it zero Stars if it was an option. TV turns on and off randomly they screwed up my order on food and give it to someone else three different times. I recommend you stay away from this place as far as you can. I'm literally miserable sweating in bed if I didn't have anything to drink I would just drive home, I hate this place.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank itsabuyersworld
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on business trip. A must if you want the 1800's feel the modern day bathroom. Little spooky as I arrived at night but stayed 2 nights and slept well. Superb restaurant but does lack the amenities of a modern day stay. Did not like the parking as it is through the front door, walk down the alley, and behind hotel so not as safe as I like. But overall an interesting place.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Six of us had dinner at the restaurant at the hotel on Saturday evening. Service was okay. Our server was very nice, but no so knowledgeable about food or wine. Three of us had the Blackened Shrimp and "Creamy" Risotto. Risotto was so overcooked, it was dry and a kind of grainy texture. Definitely not creamy and no taste. Another one got the Porkchop which he said was really good. Another got the Salmon - again really good. The last got the lamb which was ordered medium and came out super rare. Lots of people like their lamb rare, he is not one of them which is why he ordered it medium. The prices were good and I didn't feel they were overpriced, just think someone in the kitchen needs to improve their technique. Ambiance is great - as it is a great old building.

Date of stay: April 2018