“Fast food quality, prices a bit high”
Review of Gombei Bento

Gombei Bento
Ranked #112 of 424 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Japanese, Fast food
Reviewed 27 September 2017

The bento boxes here are nothing to write home about. You can choose from salmon, chicken, pork and teriyaki sauce or fried. It comes with rice and a subpar salad.

This is a standard "Japanese" bento box place. Everything is made ok, but not great. The tempura is a little greasy and doesn't have that light crisp crunch to it. Gombei is good for a takeaway lunch. They're not that fast, but the quality is fast food.

The one upside is they make their own tofu. You can buy fresh tofu there.

I call this a mid-range restaurant because you're looking at $12-$15 dollars for a meal and drink when done.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

In the valley, my favorite Japanese Bento place with Teriyaki, tempura shrimp, salmon, pork and other combinations $ 10.50 or below. My favorite #2 has strips of teriyaki chicken over rice with a large salad on plate. It also comes with 2 tempura shrimp and several vegetables. I also get 2 additional shrimp for a small up charge. Parking is around back or on the side street.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I was invited here today. Many people were there and I understood why when I saw the food and the prices! I got a Chicken/Pork teriyaki (menu 1), it was very tasty and the portions were quite generous all for a very reasonnable price. Most meals are between 7-12$.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

For a few weeks, I lived right across the street from this little eatery. It was very enjoyable to be able to cross the street and get something very tasty on short notice, especially for lunch.
These guys are not open very late, so get in quickly.
I've tasted nearly everything on the menu, and they are consistently very good.
I rated 4 stars instead of 5 just because nothing jumps to mind as being particularly excellent, but nothing was ever sub-par either.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

Salmon Teriyaki and Shrimp Tempura for $10. Can't find any place that can beat that value. Went there twice for lunch and could go everyday if I had too.

Been to Gombei Bento? Share your experiences!