“Best NY pizza in bay area, except maybe Arinell's”
Review of Giovanni's Pizza

Giovanni's Pizza
Ranked #42 of 425 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Authentic NY style pizza on west coast...enough said!!! Friendly place, consistently good pizza, Italian hot subs, garlic bread, pasta.... This place is a lifeline for NY transplants in the bay area.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Pizza is very good and has a very large size. It taste delicious and the toppings are perfect. Highly recommend for a dinner with friends.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 5 April 2017

The restaurant is surrounded by asian restaurants and shops in an uninviting, old-fashioned mall. Its interior is far from posh.

The food however is excellent and comes in magnitudes. We're two guys and we weren't able to finish our Pizzas. Service is friendly and non-intrusive, good joint for a casual family dinner.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Stefan-Contributor
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

My bay-area brother took me to his favorite pizza place while I was out for a visit. I wasn't really in the mood for pizza so I ordered a chicken parm hero, since I haven't had a good one since moving to SW VA 10 years ago. It was very good. I thought I'd just try a slice of the pizza, since my brother and family kept raving about it. WOW! Really light delicious crust. Sauce is light and rich - if you can imagine that. Perfect, better than anything in my memory pizza. Now I only have to travel 3000 miles for some good pizza. Can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Went here with a coworker and decided to split a pizza and Philly Cheese Steak. The pizza was phenomenal, and the sub was good (toasted very well). Prices were okay, but felt a little high.

The waiter was very friendly and helpful and got a couple laughs out of him.

Date of visit: February 2017