“My first Korean culinary experience”
Review of Mom's Tofu House

Mom's Tofu House
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Among all Asian restaurants in Bay Area, the Korean cuisine is the least popular (and probably the least liked). After almost two years of living here, Mom's Tofu House is the only Korean spot I've visited so far. What I can say about this place is authenticity, including staff members (loud, working fast and efficient), original names of dishes, ingredients and spices (like kimchi). Decor is simple, almost ascetic and it is also a popular trend among Asian spots in Bay Area. My choice was a stone pot rice called "Bul Go Gi Dol Sot Bi Bim Bop" which means rice topped with beef and vegetables served in a hot stoneware. It looked really unique and authentic. Was it good? It was quite good. I will stick with Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese cuisine, though. However, if you are craving new flavors, you should definitely come and try their dishes.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I had never had Korean food and in honor of the Olympics happening this month I thought it would be an appropriate time to try something new. I wasn't disappointed and will definitely eat Korean food again.
Mom's Tofu House is a very small restaurant on Grand but it's in the parking lot- we almost missed it.
Crowded but were seated immediately and served quickly.
I had the seafood Korean pancake #31. Had no idea what it was- but it sounded interesting. It's the size of a dinner plate, full of seafood with many bowls of veggies and sesame sauce. For someone with limited dexterity when it comes to chopsticks, it was a challenge but I made it work! Tasty and flavorful! Leftovers were great the next day with the small container of sauce they included.
My friend had the Tofu bi bim bop #25. She said it was very good. For the two of us it was $29. Be aware they only take cash for orders under $50. Luckily there was a bank nearby.
Good food, service and location on busy Grand Ave.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Casual hole in the wall, didn’t know what to expect and was greeted by large smiles from the proprietor and flavorful fresh food. All your favorite Korean food is on the menu, not just tofu, but the tofu is marvelous as well!

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Wow, I loved this find! It's a nice Korean place with generous helpings of food. You go here for the food, not the decor. Service is polite and fast. Food is delicious.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Whenever I go to this restaurant, I order a hot stone rice bowl. It's comfort food - I'm not Korean, but it tastes great and I feel very warm and fuzzy all over. I'm a sucker for rice bowl items, and in this case you'll get a variety of meats and vegetables all mixed together.

You can also get your own kimchi or other side dishes for free on your own. Definitely a plus if you want to add even more variety to your lunch.

The restaurant is small, so be sure to go before noon to secure a spot.