“Dinner”
Review of Ben Tre Restaurant

Ben Tre Restaurant
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Came here to try a few different dishes like their BBQ pork with pho noodle soup. The taste of the pork was excellent, the soup base as well, but for a large bowl of pho, not enough noodles. The #46 yellow rice with shrimp, chicken and vegetables was very tasty; however, did not see too many mushrooms, and small amount of rice in the clay pot. The large beef with tendon and tripe pho noodle soup was good but again not a great amount of noodles.
Tried the vietnamese ham slices with ground pork and tomato with crab paste based soup was just okay. Not my preference. A couple next to us had the tasty, fresh garlic noodles with beef and garlic noodles with shrimp and chicken; however, not enough noodles. Even though the portions didn't seem to be enough, the flavor is enough to bring me back! I would order the clay pot again as well as go back to try the garlic noodles.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Delicious food served here with attractive presentation and reasonable prices. We had a one-hour dinner break with our daughter. Had a complete meal from 5-6pm. Enjoyed BBQ Shrimp and also #31. Garlic noodles and Imperial Rolls rock! Casual yet pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We've eaten lots of Vietnamese food and we found the menu full of selections. Reasonable prices and friendly service. Portions are large so be warned. Tried the salt and pepper prawns. Prawns were large, many, but battered and shells on. Garlic noodles were tasty but rubbery. Papua salad with chick was good, but the chicken was shaved and dry. Place is busy and probably worth another visit. They prefer cash over credit.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Had heard good things from locals about this restaurant, so I decided to try it for lunch. Eating alone, I was seated at one end of a long 6-person table with two others; no problem.

They were doing a brisk business, but service was efficient. Because I love garlic and was unfamiliar with the menu items there, I opted for one of the "Most Popular Customer Request" offerings -- the 5-Spice Chicken with House Garlic Noodle.

The generous skin-on chicken leg was served partially-carved, which exposed the juicy dark meat beneath the crispy, tasty skin. The garlic noodles seemed pretty subdued at the time, but I definitely knew I had eaten garlic later. Wish I had brought my toothbrush, for the sake of my coworkers! :-)

The serving was generous and, although I ate more than I had intended (it was so good!), it was too much to finish for lunch.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

there was a long wait when we arrived but they have way of knowing who will be accommodated. The food was really delicious and the price was just right.